Skip to main content
Topic: (New Goodies)Need Your Opinion on Headlight Color!(Lots of Pics) (Read 33609 times) previous topic - next topic

(New Goodies)Need Your Opinion on Headlight Color!(Lots of Pics)

Reply #60
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;382442
Seeing the quality and craftsmanship on these lenses I'd be really interested in seeing you figure out a 1 peice style light. seeing how youve mastered making the headlights take it one more step. A large portion of people here have been trying to find a way around the inner/outer/headlight situation for years. It takes some  good talent to make those headlights look so good.

Just an idea.... Just sayin'

great idea,, but he didn't even like my idea of tail light lenses because of their size.. lol
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #61
The problem with a one-piece is that the side markers bolt on from the side, which would make it next to impossible to get a one-piece through all the bolt holes.
Still, I wouldn't mind seeing some modernized tail lights for 87-88. Maybe with 3 3157 sockets instead of 2 1157's and a 194. With jeweled reflectors and clearer red lenses instead of red fresnel lenses.  I'd try to fab something up if I could find another set of the stockers, but without a set to spare, I'm not willing to risk it.

Reply #62
Quote from: Chrome;382429
I think it would look better with two projectors in there. Problem is, as much light as they put out, the brights may attract some airplanes.

This got me to thinking and I am going to need another set for the other the the other bird, so I started playing in Photoshop.

Just because it works in PS doesn't mean it will work in person.

Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;382442
Seeing the quality and craftsmanship on these lenses I'd be really interested in seeing you figure out a 1 peice style light. seeing how youve mastered making the headlights take it one more step. A large portion of people here have been trying to find a way around the inner/outer/headlight situation for years. It takes some  good talent to make those headlights look so good.

Just an idea.... Just sayin'

Thanks! I have thought a little bit about a one piece and it might happen in the future, but like TheFoeYouKnow said there is several obstacles to overcome in the process! :D
...and there was light!

Reply #63
that's not a horrible feat to overcome.. you just oblong the holes for the side marker and make it so you slip those studs in first, then slip the others in

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #64
Quote from: T-BirdX3;382481
This got me to thinking and I am going to need another set for the other the the other bird, so I started playing in Photoshop.

Just because it works in PS doesn't mean it will work in person.

Thanks! I have thought a little bit about a one piece and it might happen in the future, but like TheFoeYouKnow said there is several obstacles to overcome in the process! :D

That looks great with the double. Now if it will work for real. Can't say enough about the ones you have made. Great work!

Reply #65
Hey, here's another thought... What would stop one from putting the projector housing/lense just past flush with the outside of the stock lense? You know, cut a hole and stick it through, and then have the secondary housing for the projector be convex instead of concave... kinda like this really crude drawing:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #66

Like this?
...and there was light!

Reply #67
that's hideous.. looks much better recessed into the housing

Reply #68
hmmm maybe if not in blue and with nice lenses lol idk I just can't wrap my head around this thing.

There's a 86 cougar just showed up in the JY, I think I might just to a 4-eye conversion and be done with it lol
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #69
Quote from: sarjxxx;382578
There's a 86 cougar just showed up in the JY, I think I might just to a 4-eye conversion and be done with it lol

DO IT! it would look better than an actual 4 eyed cougar, that's for sure (reason, 83-86 roofline is MUCH uglier, IMO)

Reply #70
Quote from: sarjxxx;382578
hmmm maybe if not in blue and with nice lenses lol idk I just can't wrap my head around this thing.

I had contemplated going four eye, even have a v6 four eye that could have been the donor, but it just wasn't what I actually wanted. It was frustrating to be considering changing to a front end that I am not as fond of, just so that I could see at night!
...and there was light!

Reply #71
Quote from: Shadow;382580
DO IT! it would look better than an actual 4 eyed cougar, that's for sure (reason, 83-86 roofline is MUCH uglier, IMO)
Words of truth right there... But idk if I really wanna, I mean first the donor is blue so I'd have to paint it, second I'm not a fan of those ugly ass ORANGE turn signals, I mean yellow or amber is ok but ORANGE ugh, and third I just love my 88 front end. But on the other hand, I loooove the 4-eye front too, in fact I like it better than the 4 eye bird front, and also well of course the light gain. Idk we'll see.
Quote from: T-BirdX3;382582
I had contemplated going four eye, even have a v6 four eye that could have been the donor, but it just wasn't what I actually wanted. It was frustrating to be considering changing to a front end that I am not as fond of, just so that I could see at night!
That's my problem with these projectors lol. I'll think of something. Maybe I'll warm up to it when I see what you do with the turn signals. :)
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #72
40-50 bucks for a pint of single stage paint, $15 bucks for a harbor freight paint gun.. CHEAP.. maybe you could sweet talk tbirdx3 into making you some new, clear corner lenses ;)

Reply #73
Quote from: Shadow;382585
maybe you could sweet talk tbirdx3 into making you some new, clear corner lenses ;)
I have considered that lol I'm telling you, I think very soon it will be time to start a new thread in the vendor's section:D

As for paint gun being cheap well sure but the compressor to go with it is not :p
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #74
Quote from: Shadow;382585
maybe you could sweet talk tbirdx3 into making you some new, clear corner lenses ;)
I have considered that lol I'm telling you, I think very soon it will be time to start a new thread in the vendor's section:D

As for paint gun being cheap well sure but the compressor to go with it is not :p
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L