Skip to main content
Topic: Fox clutch pedal box (Read 1787 times) previous topic - next topic

Fox clutch pedal box

Hello all,
                    I have an 88 Thunderbird Sport and am looking into a T5 swap. The Cool Cats site specifys 87-93 pedals for this swap. Does anyone know why only the 87-93? I have a chance to get a brand new set for a 85 Mustang. this is my first Tbird and I'm having a blast with it.

Tom

Re: Fox clutch pedal box

Reply #1
The 85 pedals should work. There is a few differences in the style and type if clutch cables used from 79-93 and there are differences in some of the braces and under dash support especially in the earlier cars. An 87-93 will be a bolt in swap and have the clutch sensors that the computer uses while the older cars will not.

It should physically interchange.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
The 85 pedals should work. There is a few differences in the style and type if clutch cables used from 79-93 and there are differences in some of the braces and under dash support especially in the earlier cars. An 87-93 will be a bolt in swap and have the clutch sensors that the computer uses while the older cars will not.

It should physically interchange.

Thank you very much, that helps.

Reply #3
Yes..they will work

Reply #4
I used the pedals out of an 86 gt in my 88 t/c when I did the 5.0 conversion. No issues there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.