Skip to main content
Topic: Interior color question (Read 2887 times) previous topic - next topic

Interior color question

Were the 87-88 BASE models available with charcoal interior? I'm trying to piece together a charcoal interior, but I think I'd prefer the base door panels for my purposes.

Newbie question I know, but hey maybe I can cut down on them here since we have a REAL search feature!

Thanks.

Re: Interior color question

Reply #2
Smoke grey is the really light one, isn't it?

Reply #3
Thanks Eric.  I saw that, but I wasn't sure if it was only for the base models.  Some of the TC's from those years have differennt colors don't they?

Reply #4
Smoke Grey is a medium grey on Fords. It's got a yellowish cast to it; in other words, it's a warm grey, not a cool (bluish) grey.

The 1985-88 TC's had a Raven interior option (so did the 1985-86 XR7's, for that matter) that combined a dark charcoal with Smoke Grey on the seats. I think there was a dark charcoal full interior option for them though. The NATO board would have more info (http://natomessageboard.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro).

Reply #5
I have a two tone grey interior on my 87 XR-7.It has light grey door panels and carpet and the center of the leather seats,dark grey dash and steering wheel and the outside of the seats.I'm not sure what the colors are called,but it probably is the raven interior option.
Joe

Reply #6
i know im beating this one to death but....

GT40PCAT...what style (turbo coupe style or base style) are your door pannels? in a reven interior option on the turbo coupe the door pannels are mostly dark grey. the material by the window, door pulls, armrests,speaker grille and map pocket...etc are dark also. if you have them in light grey maby we could work something out......

if i can find them, im looking for the turbo coupe style or "luxery" door panels in light grey. there were no medium grey "the color im looking for that ford called medium grey" turbo coupes out there in 87 or 88. there may have been some loaded lx cars though going by the chart from the brochures. my car is a sport, all sports came with the base style door panels. as far as what came in tho cougars im not sure.

now, i have a line on some light grey turbo coupe style door panels from an 85 turbo coupe. i know the color is close but i have no way of finding out if they are a good match or not. they are missing the armrests, arent in the best shape and are going to be overly expensive.

i DO have a complete raven interior from an 87/88 turbo coupe. i was going to swap out my light grey sport interior (very nice shape) for the raven one. (also in very nice shape). id try painting or dying the door pannels from that but then it wouldnt be complete to sell. plus, i dont realy want to try to paint such a dark color so light. i dont care what anybody says..it will wear through and or chip and stand right out.

now i just realy want to stay light grey, but i need a tcoupe style door pannel to do what i want. the base one wont work right for me.

oh, bq93 ...sorry for the thread hijack here. i just noticed, were in the same boat though...just the exact opposit. at least you could use dark blue ones though and paint those. wear wouldnt show much.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #7
No problem on the hijack.

I have blue panels just for that purpose, but I also happen to know someone who will have a complete raven interior as soon as he finds some light grey door panels.

Maybe you've heard of him?

Reply #8
sounds familiar.... :dunno:
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #9
Mine are the base door panels.