Skip to main content
Topic: Exhaust manifold - 2.3 (Read 1502 times) previous topic - next topic

Exhaust manifold - 2.3

A previous owner decided for me to make the EGR inoperable.

I didn't think I had enough map gas to get it out so I went to a shop to get the fitting out.  I've found a 1/2 npt steel plug at Home Depot. 

My question is do I need to seal the plug with something other than just threading it in?
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Re: Exhaust manifold - 2.3

Reply #1
No, it will be fine.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #2
Thanks Chuck!
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #3
Just crank it in nice and tight. That's how I've been running mine.

I grabbed an EGR blockoff plate from tbirdcougarparts.com and ditched the EGR, along with all of the vacuum lines and the solenoid and everything.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
Just crank it in nice and tight. That's how I've been running mine.

I grabbed an EGR blockoff plate from tbirdcougarparts.com and ditched the EGR, along with all of the vacuum lines and the solenoid and everything.
It's funny that they left the solenoid and everything still in the upper intake but rolled up the tube on the exhaust.  I just ordered a blockoff plate from them too.  I would've left the system in place because I am not running a "super performance"  engine, but don't want to bother chasing down a tube. 

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #5
I have some good tubes that I would sell if needed.

Reply #6
I have some good tubes that I would sell if needed.
Thanks Bryan!  I am good with it blocked off for now.
I guess that lower coolant line never was found.  I just got some line to bend one up.

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300