Skip to main content
Topic: '03-'06 Expedition, anyone here have one? (Read 1214 times) previous topic - next topic

'03-'06 Expedition, anyone here have one?

I'm looking at snagging one soon, was wondering if anyone here had or has one and if there are any issues I need to look for when I go do a tire kick and test drive.

One of the ones I'm eyeballing is an Eddie Bauer, and is super nice with about 125K.

Thanks in advance for any info :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #1
i dont have any in that series ( i do have an 01) but i have worked on dozens upon dozens of them.  you need to be very religious about maintenance, oil changes, etc, because that series of 5.4 specifically loves to have issues with the cam phasers.

Good luck, and show off what you get!

Reply #2
Yep, do your oil changes on time, every time.  And the 2003-08 5.4 3V has the wonderful extended tip 2 piece spark plugs that are known for seizing in and breaking off in the heads when you try to change them. Real fine piece of Ford engineering on that one boys. Way to kill off your shot at a repeat Ford buyer. They even got sued by the government for it. Morons. Also, most people around here junk the air suspension on the Navs and some Expe's for conventional spring/damper conversion.