Skip to main content
Topic: I just want to say... (Read 6309 times) previous topic - next topic

I just want to say...

That, having been a member here for the nearly 14 years, and seeing how relatively unchanged this place has been, I want to thank Eric, Carmen, Chuck, and everyone else that's helped this place get to where and what it is today.

I was looking at another forum (gun forum) and how much they've changed, ie; sold out to corporate forum ownership and realized that we're lucky here. It's kept up by true fans with passion, rather than driven to be a profit generator.

For that, I applaud and commend you guys. You shagin' rock, keep it up. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

PS, there will be a new addition to my herd before long. It's a 5.0 and was born in Lorain in late '87.. ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

I just want to say...

Reply #1
Agreed!  I don't comment on here much anymore, but I do still drop in from time to time, and it's still the same. :)
1987 TC

I just want to say...

Reply #3
I guess no one remembers the Tom Renzo years??????????????? Luckily Carmen finally shut him out...

The board is mostly what it is because of the members, not the management...

I just want to say...

Reply #4
If anything, renzo helped me with improving my typing.

Not going to say sorry he's gone, though.

There have been a few members who had brief stays here, some were colorful (imgayashell), and some were just sheer drama queens. Anyone that was here in the old days (ezboard) and when this place first got it's own domain will remember a couple-three names. I won't mention them so as to not cause more drama but there it it is.

My main point was, in the sea of changes that forums by and large have made to stay active, this place is about the same as it always has been, tight knit, small, and never sold out, thank god.

I know some folks made monetary contributions to ensure that, and when that times come again, I'll jump in too. The info, laughs, and sheer hours I have spent here can't have a $ value...

Thank you.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

I just want to say...

Reply #5
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;464577
I guess no one remembers the Tom Renzo years??????????????? Luckily Carmen finally shut him out...

The board is mostly what it is because of the members, not the management...

he's exactly and i mean to the letter, the very personality type i have to work around every single day since i started in telecom 93.

i know how to deal with people like him, you look at people like that as  a cup half full.  deal with them and you wont have problems dealing with anyone.

I just want to say...

Reply #6
Ive been off and one here for many years, and yes I remember the Renzo stuff I saw.  It is truly a blessing this site is here and the way it is run so well.  Our cars are "forgotten" by the mainstream, but I always come here to look for parts, advice, and tech info.  I truly appreciate all you guys and, I will give any advice to others that I can help.  Been a great site,.... and a better group of guys.
Mike

I just want to say...

Reply #7
Wow so I come back from the dead and here is a post talking about Tom Renzo from back when I was frequenting the site most often lol. I must not have been around when he left, did he get banned?

I will say I was happy to donate what I could to the server support fund back in the day, and would be happy to do so again. EDIT: I just found out there was another one in 2014 and sorry I missed it... It is so refreshing to come here and interact with a board that is not dominated by ads at every post. (I've been lurking around a lot of mustang forums lately)

Plus most everyone here is dedicated to the platform and cares about helping other members rather than just throwing their 2c in where it doesn't belong like a lot of other sites....

So, put me down for +1 on that, Sport :D
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

I just want to say...

Reply #8
Quote from: sarjxxx;464680
talking about Tom Renzo, did he get banned?

Oh yeah. Someone finally snapped, and had words with management. Then he was gone. lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

I just want to say...

Reply #9
I've been a member for awhile mainly because of the quality of the site. The members and their advise are greatly appreciated by this "rookie". All the questions I've asked are always answered and the information provided is excellent. Unlike some other sites with a million ads you ask a question and get mostly comments with very little usable information. I made a 3in binder copying the information on this site which has helped me re-build my Turbo Coupe. Couldn't of done it without you. Again, my "Thanks" for the great site and all of your help.
1987 Turbo Coupe, 306, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Comp Cam, Trick Flow Pistons, Eagle Rods, Center Force clutch, T-5, 8.8 w/373 gears, and a bunch more

I just want to say...

Reply #10
TOMMM RENZOOOOOOO heheehee I used to laugh so hard at all of that.

Look at the Corral...same problem as mentioned above. I remember when that place was like a dive bar. Reading all of their banter was just awesome.
They would bust balls so bad. It was hilarious.

Cheers! DILLY DILLY
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

I just want to say...

Reply #11
I've been around since the old EZboard days. I am glad to see that the forums are still around. They don't drum up the activity they used to, but they are a wealth of knowledge. I've been into these cars since I was 14, and digging through my old posts really shows how much I've learned and how much of a dipshiznit I was.

Man, I could name drop so many people that have come and go.

Laterz and takes her eazy.
It's Gumby's fault.

I just want to say...

Reply #12
Quote from: sarjxxx;464680
Wow so I come back from the dead and here is a post talking about Tom Renzo from back when I was frequenting the site most often lol. I must not have been around when he left, did he get banned?

I will say I was happy to donate what I could to the server support fund back in the day, and would be happy to do so again. EDIT: I just found out there was another one in 2014 and sorry I missed it... It is so refreshing to come here and interact with a board that is not dominated by ads at every post. (I've been lurking around a lot of mustang forums lately)

Plus most everyone here is dedicated to the platform and cares about helping other members rather than just throwing their 2c in where it doesn't belong like a lot of other sites....

So, put me down for +1 on that, Sport :D

Holy , welcome back!  You had a black 87/88 Cougar, right?
Mike

I just want to say...

Reply #13
Quote from: mcb82gt;464698
Holy , welcome back!  You had a black 87/88 Cougar, right?

Hey, thanks! Yep, black 88 LS. That car I still have but it's been sitting dead a few years, not in the best of shape lately. I'll update the project thread sometime soon with the current condition and story behind that�� Don't wanna hijack this one :)
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

I just want to say...

Reply #14
Please do.

I still want the doors.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com