Skip to main content
Topic: My newest aqquistion... 2004 Frontier (Read 1141 times) previous topic - next topic

My newest aqquistion... 2004 Frontier

So here's a little bit of what I've been up to in my absence.....

My newest toy, I picked up in November, my dream truck. 2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab, XE 3.7L V6, 5speed 4x4 complete with the racks and rails, PW/PL but manual seats!

I know, its no Duramax, but it's my dream truck, for real. I've been in love with these things since before I got, (and wrecked) my original one back in 08. Had to make a 4-hour drive to pick it up, and almost had it sold out from under me before I got there... turned out I was racing a guy who was coming from 5-hours away to pick up the same truck, and I just managed to get there first. I did feel bad for the other guy... but glad I made it in time! Picked it up for $9000, about $4000 less than these normally go for.

So anyway, meet Enterprise - my other little bundle of joy

oops, forgot this one... thought it was kinda cool

And a couple of my custom sub box install just cause I'm so durn proud of it....

--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #1
It's not a bird or a cat, but it's still a nice truck! Are these based on the same chassis as the Xterra? My buddy has an xterra, and it's surprisingly capable off road.
'87 T-bird 5.0/AOD - daily driver
'94 Lincoln Town Car - winter beater
SN95 suspension/brakes - lowered 3" front/2" rear - Bullitt wheels - 200w stereo - VDO gauges
5.0 HO - GT40 heads - Trick Flow Stage 1 cam - BBK shorty headers - Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake - Edelbrock Performer 600CFM carb

Reply #2
Well I had to get something to pull my car to the track with right??? lol

yes they are in fact based on the same as the xterra. There are a lot of parts that are interchangeable, much like our cat/birds. Engines are basically identical, and even some parts like the doors, etc are swappable as well. I could actually convert my front end to look like an Xterra with minimal effort if I felt like doing something that silly

and yeah, the thing is killer off road. I've already used it to pull trucks bigger than my own out of the mud lol
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L