Skip to main content
Topic: new hard drive no msdos.... (Read 4012 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: new hard drive no msdos....

Reply #15
the same on xp?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #16
Windows 98 : Control Panel, Add remove Programs,  should be under one of the tabs, Third one I think .

*edit* I can't seem to type fast enough, but you want 98 not xp, xp won't make a properly usable disk.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #17
ok another huge prob it won't recognize the windows 98 second edition cd to make the boot disk so now what?

Got that fox rash again!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #18
http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm  <-Will make you a nice down and dirty boot disk.  Then you should be set.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #19
thanx for the info

Got that fox rash again!

Reply #20
Quote from: Cougar8775
ok another huge prob it won't recognize the windows 98 second edition cd to make the boot disk so now what?

It's Looking for the cab files from the 98 cd, put the cd drive in copy the cabs folder off the cd to the hd (if you have room). Then put the floppy drive back in and make the disk again, this time when it asks for the windows 98 cd, point it to where you put the cab files.

Reply #21
ok i downloaded the program to make a boot disk i fixed the hd now it just reads the disk i made and does nothing is this normal or is this fixing the hd?

Got that fox rash again!

Reply #22
ok now nother prob i got dos 6.22 it says starting msdos then it quits what now?

Got that fox rash again!

Reply #23
Honestly if you still can try the method i described with copying the cab files off the 98 cd to the hard drive if you can. It'll give you the right type of boot disk. If not do you have a network set-up at home?

Reply #24
im working on a wireless set up but i need the laptop up and running to do so and i whanted to work on the new hard drive so i could acheve it.

Got that fox rash again!