Skip to main content
Topic: wtf is noptify.exe!!!!!!! (Read 2719 times) previous topic - next topic

wtf is noptify.exe!!!!!!!

evreytime i start my computer, it gets sloooooooower and sloooooooower. computer is a lil over ayear old, but after having it for about a month, this program called noptify.exe starts up, and takes 50% of my processor power away.

reasoni see is it that i hit that cntrl alt dlt combo, and u kno how u see that cool graphics of ur system usage?  well i just go to application and highlight the program, and hit end task, and boom i got all my power back.  but where does this com from?

i tried searching for the file thru my computer, and using that Run funtion/  any ideas?  cuz its really anooying waiting for the pos to turn on now, sence this program always starts sooner and sooner.

Re: wtf is noptify.exe!!!!!!!

Reply #1
What OS, have you tried running spyware/adware removal software? Virus scanning?
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #2
I found the best way to figure this stuff out is to google search the problems name, I have done this MANY times :giggle:

check here it should be able to help you get rid of it, It appears to be distributed via a verizon installation cd  :slap: which 'secretly' installs it on your comp when your not looking :nono:
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #3
if running win 98 se or higher click start and then run in the box type msconfig. in the startup tab look for the program that is taking up your cpu usage and uncheck the box beside it and then hit apply reboot and then see if it starts up again. :cheers:

Reply #4
(realized I replied to this thread already:slap:I need sleep :sleep: )
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #5
didnt they get rid of msconfig with the new kernel?

Reply #6
msconfig is on XP, i dunno about others. but yeah, you need to run a couple of spyware programs, antivirus, and get a firewall (ZoneAlarm works great). if there's still  on there, reformat and reinstall everything, and before you connect to the internet and go ANYWHERE, install the aforementioned programs. my computer starts up pretty fast, WinXP, 2.6GHz, 512MB RAM. my gf has a laptop that should be just a little slower, but takes 10x more time to start up cuz she has all this  on it

Reply #8
go to msconfig and disable the sucker! :grinno:

Reply #9
Quote from: jcassity
Does Ms Config have a good looking configuration?

Ms Config is HOT !!!!!! :ies:  :ies:  :ies:  :ies:  :ies:

Reply #10
Its not present under win 2k but it makes a return appearance in win xp