Skip to main content
Topic: where to find tvr cable grommet? (Read 2760 times) previous topic - next topic

where to find tvr cable grommet?

The grommet that attaches the tvr cable to the throttle linkage is dry rotted and gone. ford cant get them anymore. any ideas where I can find one or a good way to fab my own. the piece i need sits on top of the linkage at the tb and the tvr cable pushes into it from the bottom
love tbirds soo much I branded myself with the bird for life

Reply #1
Go to Ford. They still have them. They are metal with a clip, and won't go bad. Inexpensive, too.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-5-0-AOD-3-8-throttle-valve-cable-TV-brass-bushing-mustang-/330724901701?hash=item4d00bd8345&item=330724901701&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
You may also find a problem with the grommet at the pivot. This grommet is not available. The only thing you can do about this is switch to a Locar cable or make your own grommet. I made my own with copper. Bet that will never dry rot!

Reply #5
found the brass upgrade grommet with the right part # through ford. installed and works and fits great.nice smooth shifts

Reply #6
do u mean down at the trans there is a similar problem?

Reply #7
How much did they want fOr it at the dealer they wanted like 40 here in cali so i walked out no way in hell im paying that much so i have it duct taped all ghetto like.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
They are nowhere near $40 here. I think mine was about $8.00 before I went all 5 speed.

Reply #9
I bought a 5 pac from ford,for like 8 bucks,still have 4 if somebody needs some.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #10
Quote from: birdboy88;395588
do u mean down at the trans there is a similar problem?

The lever at the trans has the exact same bushing you just replaced. I would replace it as well. In between there is a pivot that takes it's own unique bushing that is not available.

Reply #11
The replacement TV bushing at the throttle body end is EOAZ-7F330-A and my Ford store has them. No problem getting them that I know of.
Ken Collins, BadShoe Productions
How To Videos specializing in Ford powertrains

Reply #12
Quote from: BadShoe;395691
The replacement TV bushing at the throttle body end is EOAZ-7F330-A and my Ford store has them. No problem getting them that I know of.

and the one at the lever on the trans is the same. I am referring to the pivot in between. It mounts to the Trans with a bolt right behind the bell housing.

Reply #13
Yes, the junkyard is about the only hope with that or do away with that system and use the Mustang style cable and ball socket trans linkage.
Ken Collins, BadShoe Productions
How To Videos specializing in Ford powertrains

Reply #14
Or maybe one of the more enterprising members could produce a small run of bronze bushings suitable for the purpose, as someone had said they did in an earlier post. :)