Skip to main content
Topic: I need a part. (Read 1505 times) previous topic - next topic

I need a part.

Reply #15
All I need are decent grey sunvisors (mine are lighted).The rest I pretty much have at this point.I also have one of the door screw covers.I thought that I had 3,but I have one,and I have already decided to use a different set of panels.You can have that cover as well.I've ben gathering parts for months,and I'm nearing completion (except for the new paint,which will come later,heads and valvebody,which are being worked right now).
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

I need a part.

Reply #16
Grey visors you say? I might actually have that. Except they came out of an 84. I'll take a look at them...

I need a part.

Reply #17
Still interested?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

I need a part.

Reply #18
I only have 1 visor in grey. I do have a decent det of lighted Dark Blue ones.

I'm really more interested in a mint set of door cups for the base panels so I can re-pop them!

I need a part.

Reply #19
There's no reason for the bottles to be different from the V6 to the V8.  Both the V6 and V8 use the same radiator, and should use the same overflow bottle.
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

I need a part.

Reply #20
I don't have mint cups,BUT,the ones on the tan door panels I have are only missing a small piece.I don't see why I can't fix them with modeling plastic and a strong glue for "re-popping".Do you want to trade the visors?Also,If I can fix these cups,I'll send them to you if you'll send me a new pair when they are ready.What do you say?

I need a part.

Reply #21
I have one from an 86 V6 if it's the same. Let me know Mike

I need a part.

Reply #22
Any imperfections/repairs in the originals will be on every repop. So if it has a "grain" molded in, then a flat repair spot will stick out like a sore thumb.

FILA, send me a pic.

I need a part.

Reply #23
Do you think it would be worth it if they were smooth all over?Finding replacements is nearly impossible.

I need a part.

Reply #24
I dunno. Which one of yours is unbroken? I'll see if I can find an unbroken other side.

I need a part.

Reply #25
Just to be clear, it's the overflow botthe on the V8, driver fender, off an 86 Elan will work right?

I need a part.

Reply #26
I'm looking for the overflow bottle that goes in front of the rad. I could care less what it came on. Layla has the factory TC one that sits on the driver's fenderwell by the battery, and I need to move it to make room for the oil catch can.

I need a part.

Reply #27
Both of the ones I know of are on the Fender. I'll keep an eye out though as I'm probaly roaming the JY for a bit today. What could I find one in front of the rad on?

I need a part.

Reply #28
Mike,

If you are still lookng, PM turbo83coupe. Frank has the one that was in my TC, and I think he switched over to the one from my Capri when he went with the FMS front mount. For others, here is a picture of what Mike is looking for:

copy cat anyway ;) I told you how to build one fast a few years ago, your finally catching up :stickpoke:

Bob Myers

I need a part.

Reply #29
I got nothin like that. I'll check the 88 parts car though