Skip to main content
Topic: 8.8 disc brake rear end/misc interior parts wanted (Read 913 times) previous topic - next topic

8.8 disc brake rear end/misc interior parts wanted

Im looking to get an 8.8 rear end with discs for my cougar, cant find any locally so I thought I'd try on here.  Also, im looking for a few interior trim pieces, namely a console seat/window/mirror control panel for 2 power seats, the rubber pieces that cover the screws in the door pull, and the inserts that go in the armrests behind the door handles.  My interior is brown.
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 3.8 V6 - Rescue
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 5.0 V8 - Survivor

Reply #1
bump

Reply #2
I have the door handle cups, but you would have to color match them. They are wicked hard to find. Mine are NOS gray pieces.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
I've got a console switch panel...let me dig it out and snap some pics...stay tuned.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #4
I've got an '88 TC rear end... how do you feel about a trip to the beach? ;)

Reply #5
Ill go to florida one day..but I cant right now :P  ow much would it cost to ship...probably 75-100 dollars?

Reply #6
You can check if you want to but you're not going to like it I warn you.... Nearest truck terminal to where it is would be Dothan, AL probably. I'd have to figure out how they need it packed/palletized and what that would cost too. I shipped a couple of seats from Texas once and don't think I'd do it again, it's a lot of trouble if you're not set up for it.

Reply #7
you couldnt box it up and do fedex?  I bought a whole set of wheels and tires from a guy in florida last month...cost about 100 for all 4

Reply #8
To be honest, I don't have the time right now to get it crated up and to the Fedex office...  It's in storage an hour from my house. Fedex does do freight so Depending on how patient you want to be I could look into their requirements. I was looking to get $200 for it with local pickup. Might be some customs issues too?

Reply #9
i have a shipping address in the states so no customs issues...and yeah thats what I was looking at anyway..about 300 shipped...its all together right?  no missing peices?

Reply #10
I'll see if I can get up there and get some pictures for you next week. I need to find someone to help me wrangle it too...

Reply #11
okay thanks