Skip to main content
Topic: Header Recommendations (Read 1694 times) previous topic - next topic

Header Recommendations

Hi Folks, been a while since I have posted but stop by often to read. I have 88 TC with 351W been driving for about 4 years but rings are shot so I'm replacing  motor. I am going to replace BBK long tubes presently running with some shorties. Has anyone used a standard 302 shorties(1 5/8 primaries) on a 351 with any success?

By the way, is there any access to old site?

Header Recommendations

Reply #1
Quote from: oscar
Hi Folks, been a while since I have posted but stop by often to read. I have 88 TC with 351W been driving for about 4 years but rings are shot so I'm replacing  motor. I am going to replace BBK long tubes presently running with some shorties. Has anyone used a standard 302 shorties(1 5/8 primaries) on a 351 with any success?

By the way, is there any access to old site?

the 351w is 1"-1.5"  wider then the 302 you will need to use the correct headers.the shorties are already close to the steering shaft with a 302 so i am doubting they will clear. I would keep the long tubes just for the torque gain over the shorties. I belive MAC and BBK both make a shorty for the 351w in the fox chassis
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Header Recommendations

Reply #2
its also about an inch taller at the heads if i remember correctly
It's Gumby's fault.

Header Recommendations

Reply #3
taller and wider, lots of people make SWAP headers for 351 fox cars. the old site can be accessed in PDF via the link in greatest hits, might have to change it so you view all threads, instead of ones posted within a cirtain ammount of time.

Header Recommendations

Reply #4
If you are interested, I have a set of Mac 351 shorties, barely used... $150 plus the ride to your house...

Header Recommendations

Reply #5
Reason for the question about the headers, I only get about 6 months use out of a clutch cable. Heat gets to it from being so close to headers. I have wrapped it with insulation from firewall to clip on bellhousing, no help. And I have tried Aftermarket cables as well as stock replacement. Any input ?