Skip to main content
Topic: 83/84 Center Console decals now available! (Read 1341 times) previous topic - next topic

83/84 Center Console decals now available!

Reply #1
Wow, I had like 2 dozen people from this board ask about them and so far 0 responses?

Reply #2
What are those decals made out of?

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #3
What does "sensor"/"no sensor" mean on the 83-84's?

You have one that's just power windows and mirrors right? (manual seats)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #4
I have an 83 center console with a rectangular sensor looking thing-a-mabober in it with a Ford part # that looks factory. So had decals made with and without the hole for it. My 83 doesn't have it. Yes, I have dual manual seats as well. And the decals are made out of the same vinyl substrate that Ford used in the 85.5-88 TBirds. We couldn't get the "bubble" effect though, so they are flat.

Reply #5
So it has the two small squares for the window switch and the round opening for the mirror joystick?

I don't really need the little lock sticker do-hickeys, so I guess I can stick those on peoples' foreheads.

I want to get one, but need to wait a couple weeks as I've already spent my car parts allotment for the month :p

Reply #7
! I wish I knew where the rest of that car was. Oh well, I have a console with a warning light if anybodies interested:hick:  Chuck, no problem, They'll be around as long as AM is. Though I could sneak it in towards my motor mounts, hmm?

Reply #8
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports
Though I could sneak it in towards my motor mounts, hmm?

Perhaps :giggle:  I guess if they show up with the grille I'll know. ;)

Reply #9
I'd definitely be interested in this, but I'm looking for the actual switches as well if they're still available, as mine are looking a little grimey.  Oh, and my '83 came with the factory alarm, so it also has that little "sensor" rectangle.
'83 302/AOD Heritage (silver/red, full restoration w/ SEFI, 5-lug, 8.8, rear discs in-progress)
'95 Explorer Limited (white/gray, 4x2, 323K mile daily driver)
'97 Cobra (black/black, bolt-ons, 4.10's)
'04 Lightning (black/gray, bolt-ons, stock-pulley gas guzzler)

Reply #10
Can help! If your switches work, just clean them. They haven't been available for years. Do you want single or dual power seat?

Reply #11
I've got a guestion I would like to buy a set of you decals but I have question first. Have you actually tried those 83-84 ones on a 84 center? Mine seems to have a little curve right around the mirrror switch. Its hard to tell from the pics on your site how they actually fit around the mirror switch. Also what is everybody using to hold the metal plate to the plastic. I've got mine painted plain black since the factory looked so shiznitty. Used Loctite Contact cement on it 2yrs ago and its comin back up in the corner.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #12
You don't need to take the metal off, and yes, they've been installed on many 83-84's