Skip to main content
Topic: Wtb '87/'88 t-5 tc (Read 776 times) previous topic - next topic

Wtb '87/'88 t-5 tc

Just as the title states.  These are getting absurdly hard to find in decent shape.  If you have one OR know of one please pass it along.  My first two cars were Turbo Coupes and I spent a lot of time here from 2005-2008.  I'm in Ohio but distance is not a factor.

Thanks!

Wtb '87/'88 t-5 tc

Reply #1
Try searchtempest.com. It will check craigslist within a radius area that you can specify. Just depends on how far you want to drive.

Wtb '87/'88 t-5 tc

Reply #3
I have one from an 88 TC that is just sitting in my garage.  I only drove the car 25 miles home with a bad turbo, but it seemed to drive just fine.  Its been bolted up to a motor with a brand new clutch for 4 years now and that project fell on the back burner.  The mileage was about 100k.  I parted the car it came out of because it was a rust bucket.  If youre interested let me know and I will separate and sell.  I think its time to let that 2.3 turbo motor go too.  Rebuilt head stock bottom end with 90k miles.  Im located in SE WI.  Shoot me a PM if youre interested, I may not remember to check back.
84 TC - under contruction
2018 F150 2.7 4x4 STX
98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab

Wtb '87/'88 t-5 tc

Reply #4
Thanks for the replies.  Search tempest was helpful, found a lot of stuff I haven't seen before.  I wish people would have taken better care of these things.

And thanks, croga but I'm looking for the whole car for now :D

Wtb '87/'88 t-5 tc

Reply #5
Haha my bad, I read the title wrong.  Ill keep an eye out around here.  There have been a few decent cars for sale in the last couple years.
84 TC - under contruction
2018 F150 2.7 4x4 STX
98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab

Wtb '87/'88 t-5 tc

Reply #6
I have a full 86 tc no engine and a 87 tc parts car no engine or tranny
Minimal rust but I'm in California
Let me know if you need anything
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Wtb '87/'88 t-5 tc

Reply #7
Update: I have purchased an LS1.  Turbo Coupe will have to wait a year or two.