Skip to main content
Topic: Type 6 (86+ 5.0) Poly Motor Mounts (Read 14157 times) previous topic - next topic

Type 6 (86+ 5.0) Poly Motor Mounts

Reply #60
You know you want them...
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #61
Quote from: Chuck W;229891

And I got them today. They're pretty incredible.

Thanks Chuck. looks like your running out of products for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #62
Quote from: Chuck W;229891

Well yes I know this, and twice now I have been ready to buy them but found myself unable to spend the money because of unpredictable situations that arise.  Now if you will excuse me I have to dust my wallet.

Ha!

Started a new job Monday, lots of work, more money.  Maybe I will find myself in a buying situation sometimes soon.
One 88

Reply #63
Just to give everyone an idea.
People have been talking about my tank frame.
I believe these mounts, will really compliment my frame.
Nice job Chuck, They pass my tank standard. LOL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #64
Look how clean your finger nails are!! do you really work?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #65
I work 12 hrs a day. but I wear gloves when I need to. There's no grime on my cars either, I hate that .
see.... My cougar has always been the same way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #66
Still have some available.

Reply #67
Still some available.

Reply #68
do you still have a set of these? I'm swapping out the motor this january, and I already broke the two mounts I put in 2 months ago. One was new.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #69
Nope. None available at the moment.

Was planning on ordering parts for some after the first of the year (laser guy closed until then anyway)

Reply #71
Quote from: 88turbo;249201
any chance there might be some 87-88 tc mounts?

Not at the moment.  They're on the short list though of stuff to do.

Reply #72
So, what is the interest in some of the 5.0 and 86-88TC mounts?

Reply #73
are the 5.0 mounts the same of the v6? if not i will need a v6 set when i get my new k-member.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

Reply #74
Quote from: blackcougar71;249277
are the 5.0 mounts the same of the v6? if not i will need a v6 set when i get my new k-member.

I doubt they are the same.  My V6 mounts only work for the 86+ cars though.