Skip to main content
Topic: Evolution II.....SEFI upgrade ..... updated 10-23-2015 (Read 117728 times) previous topic - next topic

Evolution II.....SEFI upgrade ..... updated 10-23-2015

Reply #60
I also found the lift cylinder (thanks to Eric) for the top. it should be here by Tuesday.
That set me back $139 for one side. But it sure beats straining my peanuts to put the top up. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #61
True....And if there's one thing I hate,it's strained peanuts.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #62
sorry to hijack the thread but what is the exact color name and code to the console that eric posted of that XR7

i need to paint the ashtray lid and dont want to mismatch the colors

thanx alot

Btw nice vert Jerry congrats on your title

Reply #63
Got the cylinder in, filled the pump....... and BAM, the other side slipped out of the  pins and pierced a hole in the other lift cylinder. Guess I have to spend another $139 for another one.

I didn't notice that the other side was missing a pin to hold the lift cylinder, and it turned sideways,and got punctured by the 1 pin left in the frame. Fortunately, I found the other pin on the bottom of the 1/4 panel and wedged along side the wheelwell.

everything was working great until that happened.

Here's a pic of the inside of the 1/4 panels. you can see all the reinforcing that Carcraft ah done, and all the custom made brackets and limit switches for the windows.

here's the side I just punctured.

Here's the side I just replaced.

And here's the insane jumble of hoses and wires that make 1 window and 1 lift cylinder work
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #64
Got another lift cylinder delivered today. We'll try a 2nd take on the top repair. I hope nothing else breaks this time. (yea, right). lol

Another update on the vert. It's inspection time in April, and it's now exempt from emissions. Headers and dual exhaust will be installed this summer. And cat free from now on. (yay) :burnout:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #65
I didn't see this thread until now...sorry to hear about the other cylinder, Jerry. Sucks that you had to spend the money, but at least you have a brand new pair now. Those will be next to go on mine, can guarantee it now. ;)

Reply #66
Yea, it was my fault for not checking the other side before I let the top down, but your right, now there's 2 new ones in that will probably last another 25 years.

I also got a price to get my seats re-upholstered. about $50a seat, and I buy the materials. (so they match the doors, back panels, and boot)
Got a guy at FEP that said he could match the original color for me. I sent him a sample of the seat material today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #67
Groovy. Canyon Red was used in Mustangs/Capris so it's readily available. That's a good price.

Reply #68
Chock me up for hating strained peanuts, too.
1987 TC

Reply #69
Strained peanuts...... eeewwwwwwww
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #70
Quote from: EricCoolCats;316043
Groovy. Canyon Red was used in Mustangs/Capris so it's readily available. That's a good price.

I'm also going to have them done so they look a little more like todays interiors, I hate all that piping around everything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #71
installed the new lift cylinder (again) today

Started planning for the 3 point seat belts today. I think I can get them behind the side panel, with out having to remake them. If I keep them down on the floor in an upright position, the panel will be flat on the retractor.
I'll also have to make a mounting bracket for the upper mounting bracket. but I haven't figured out where I'm going to put it.

Either down low

or try to put them up higher toward the top of the 1/4 panel.

That's all for today. Probably more planning tomorrow.
oh yea, the top now works using a switch. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #72
How about a custom roll bar (or "sport" bar) like can be had for the convertible Stangs?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #73
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
no.......... not that....

lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #74
so jerry do you always give your phone some pic time lol.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com