Skip to main content
Topic: (expired) A hard drive deal you might like (Read 1857 times) previous topic - next topic

(expired) A hard drive deal you might like

My "other half" just ordered one of these for me in exchange for one of the drives out of my system.. figured I'd pass along the link. (I can use SATA, her current system can't.. so she's getting my PATA 200 gig 'Cuda-7.. it's better than the 60- and 80-gig drives she's using now) It was supposed to end last night, but it looks like it has been extended for a couple days more.

https://shop4.outpost.com/product/4596297?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

If you don't like Seagate drives, that's fine.. just don't order one then. :p (trying to curb any possible brand-bickering before it starts) But if you don't mind the brand, and you can use a new drive, hopefully this was of some use to ya. Enjoy.

(and no, I'm not affiliated with any of the above companies.. if I were, I'd be getting a lot bigger drive than 300 gigs) :p

EDIT: Changed title to reflect unavailable message.

Reply #1
Update: I've been watching the page for that sale, and it's saying "Product Unavailable" now. If you were wanting one, hopefully you got one in time.

Reply #2
Got the drive this morning. Been trying to install it for awhile now. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't trying to copy the system hard drive over to it. Emachines went to a 2-partition format where C: drive (NTFS) is actually the second active partition on the physical drive and D: drive (FAT32.. system restore files, etc.. in lieu of a recovery DVD.. ugh) is the first active partition. Also turns out that the program I, uhh, acquired to do the transfers isn't a complete program. Oh well.. I'll make do with xcopy and the like, I guess.

Reply #3
just redo a system restore disk, orbuy one for $20. Then just copy over the files for games, or what not.

I know much about emachines, so yeah.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #4
Went ahead and just Ghosted over the original C: drive to the new drive and made it the boot drive without PC Angel in place. Works fine. Already had PC Angel whip up a recovery ISO and burned it to DVD-RW. (but the ISO is still on the drive, too.. and the original hard drive is still intact, might just leave it as-is for a backup plan, for now)

I'd like to pick up a second large hard drive, but it looks like I'm done with PC upgrades for awhile. Need to do a 3G upgrade to the Mark, because all the 2-3 mile trips my "other half" does with it are killing the battery again. Lovely.