Skip to main content
Topic: Adobe 7.0.7 help (Read 2174 times) previous topic - next topic

Adobe 7.0.7 help

I just finished scanning over 100 pages of a shop manual to my comp, saved them a JPEG's, downloaded the latest version of adobe now how do I get the  pictures in there! Do I need to save them in a different format or something? I not too good with computer programs :(

I want to save the whole manual as a pdf if I could.

Thanks
Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Adobe 7.0.7 help

Reply #1
You do have the full version of Acrobat, right?  Not just acrobat reader?  Worst case scenario, you could just zip the JPGs up in a zip file.  Out of curiosity, what's the manual for?

Adobe 7.0.7 help

Reply #2
Ok, you may have to open Acrobat first (Acrobat will open regular JPG images). Go to File > Open... and select all of your files. It will take some time for them to all open up. Then, go to File > Create PDF > From Multiple Files... and it will ask if you want to create them from all open files. Check off that box. In a window you will see all of the open files...you can drag them around to rearrange them if you want. Then click OK and it should make the file labeled 'Binder1'. Save that, rename it if you want, and voila! There's your PDF.

This is assuming, of course, that you have the full version of Acrobat.

Adobe 7.0.7 help

Reply #3
Head here: http://www.openoffice.org/  . Pick up the latest verision of the OpenOffice software. You should beable to import the pictures as you would in word, then making a pdf of it is as simple as clicking the save to pdf button on the toolbar. Viola, instant PDF.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Adobe 7.0.7 help

Reply #4
Whenever I make a PDF I simply use another prgoram to make the actual dospoogeent, then print it as a PDF (the full version of Adobe has a built in printer driver)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Adobe 7.0.7 help

Reply #5
Go here http://www.pdf995.com/  download, this will convert all files to PDF when you print.  Its basically a PDF printer.  Instead of get a paper you will have a new file saved to your specified location as a PDF, yet keeping your original untouched.

Adobe 7.0.7 help

Reply #6
Thanks for the help guys, I dont have the full version of adobe but I downloaded OOo spent 15 mins trying to figure it out before I got frustrated and deleted it. Then I downloaded pdf995 and it was done in 5 mins:headbang: Its a 1987 turbo supplement manual for my sprint I managed to snag one cheap on ebay and was going to share it with a few people as theyre hard to come by.

Adobe 7.0.7 help

Reply #7
So anybody know where I can upload and share a 20 meg file?

Adobe 7.0.7 help

Reply #8
Got it figured out, used www.gimehost.com seems to work fine and no popups.