Skip to main content
Topic: tommym (Read 8423 times) previous topic - next topic

tommym

Just wanted to say "HI". I've been registered on your site for awhile but this is the first time I'm posting. Great site. I've got an 87 TC that I bought in 03 that someone started the 5.0 conversion. It spent the next 2yrs. in my garage. Almost every piece on this car has been replaced. It has the 5 lug conversion with Lincoln LSC brakes, '94 T-5 tranny, '96 Mustang "H" pipe with Flowmasters, '88 Mustang 5.0 HO motor with the A9L computer and mass air conversion. The donor car was my original 87 Sport Coupe that was t-boned. I have pictures but can't figure out how to attach them. Help?
1987 Turbo Coupe, 306, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Comp Cam, Trick Flow Pistons, Eagle Rods, Center Force clutch, T-5, 8.8 w/373 gears, and a bunch more

tommym

Reply #1
Welcome to out site! You'll like it here, and you can never leave:beatyoass: If you want, you can send the pics to my email and I'll post um for ya.

TC conversion pictures

Reply #2
Appreciate the help. How do I send them to you? The picture were taken with an 8 meg Cannon camera.
1987 Turbo Coupe, 306, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Comp Cam, Trick Flow Pistons, Eagle Rods, Center Force clutch, T-5, 8.8 w/373 gears, and a bunch more

tommym

Reply #3
Imbend into an email to Blueovalboy010689@yahoo.com
I can't explane how to do it as your email may be different then mine. If you get them to me I'll post um for ya

tommym

Reply #4
Sent the pictures to you

tommym

Reply #5
can't wait to see the beast sounds nice
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

tommym

Reply #6
Quote from: tommym;134144
Just wanted to say "HI". I've been registered on your site for awhile but this is the first time I'm posting. Great site. I've got an 87 TC that I bought in 03 that someone started the 5.0 conversion. It spent the next 2yrs. in my garage. Almost every piece on this car has been replaced. It has the 5 lug conversion with Lincoln LSC brakes, '94 T-5 tranny, '96 Mustang "H" pipe with Flowmasters, '88 Mustang 5.0 HO motor with the A9L computer and mass air conversion. The donor car was my original 87 Sport Coupe that was t-boned. I have pictures but can't figure out how to attach them. Help?

I am curious. The "94 T-5 tranny". Is it from a GT 5.0 or 3.8?  If it is a 5.0 model be aware that it has a slightly longer input shaft and would require a 94-95 GT bellhousing to work properly. Or you could change the input shaft to a 83-93 T-5 shorter shaft. (Some disassembly required).

The 96 Mustang h-pipe will have to be reworked a little to fit a 5.0.
I hope it is a 95 or older h-pipe. Could save you a little time.;)
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

tommym

Reply #7
Is it runnable?.Or is this your your plan?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

tommym

Reply #8
To answer the tranny question- it is out of a GT, tag number is F4ZR-7003-DA, 1352-246. The only change is the aluminum bellcrank. The exhaust was "re-worked" the original was a butcher job. The car is 100% operational all the way down to the climate control A/C. I've had it at a couple of small shows and only had (1) person who knew what I did to it. I don't know how to add pictures or copy a Word doc to show the amount of work.

tommym

Reply #9
Well first thing is to get the pictures on your computer. Once that is done sign up for a website such as photobucket. Then upload the pictures from the file you have them on you computer to the account in photobucket. Once there look under that picture and there will be a couple of links to the picture that you then can copy and paste to the future posts.

hope that helps some
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

tommym

Reply #10
Thank You XR7cat for the info. I'm a computer idiot and can use all the help I can get. The pictures of mt TC are available at: Photobucket. http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/TomMikulski/. Let me know what you think.

tommym

Reply #12
To 84 Fila- Don't know how you did that but "thank you".

tommym

Reply #13
Great looking car you have there. Love that color with those wheels
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

tommym

Reply #14
Wow, nice!  I'm loving the engine bay!
1988 Thunderbird Sport (1st car)
351W in the works
"I'll get it one piece at a time...":D

Quote from: bhazard;300566
You got woman'd.