Skip to main content
Topic: Picture needed of stock cluster at Night (Read 1451 times) previous topic - next topic

Picture needed of stock cluster at Night

I was hoping that someone could post up a picture of the stock cluster at night.  From what I've seen, the needles aren't that bright, are they?  Has anyone found a good way to make them brighter?

Reply #1
What kinda cluster?
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #2
mabe you have a burnt out bulb or bulbs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
Quote from: blu84302;208676
What kinda cluster?
Any of the full buttstuffog clusters.

Reply #4
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=13543&page=5

LED bulbs can help a bit...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #5
also something that helps is giving the inside of the the cluster a good coat of reflective paint. my 84 cluster the inside that the lights were supposed to reflect off was dull white.  i gave it a coat of that chrome paint and it was much brighter with the factory bulbs. also i could get you some pics of my cluster at night with the lights on for you if you would like. it is an buttstuffog cluster.

it is this cluster though. probly not what you want unless you have an 83-84
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #6
Gently sing off the white paint from the underside of the needles (speedo and tach), then spraying them with flourescent orange model paint, seems to help quite a bit as far as visibility. Several people mentioned that before, and I've also done it myself...it's a nice mod. The other needles are a lot tougher since the bi-metal composure of the gauge means that you can ruin them easily.

I don't know if these photos will help you or not. But in real life the effect is pretty close anyhow:

Reply #7
Wow whats up with that first cluster. Pre-production concept or something?
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #8
1986 XR7 production cluster with boost gauge.

EDIT: Actually you may be right...the tach lists "10, 20, 30" etc. instead of "1, 2, 3" etc. Ford is notorious for using pre-production or prototype parts in their brochures, which is where I got that photo. Also, we know that the top photo is not correct because it appears that the ammeter is actually working. ;)

Sorry about that, my bad.

Reply #9
Yeah, and the speedo has ticks up to 100, as well as just looking slightly different all around.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles