Skip to main content
Topic: 2003/04 Cobra front springs (Read 3890 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2003/04 Cobra front springs

Reply #15
Convertible SN95 rear springs are close. They are way shorter though. If you don't have adjustable height rear control arms the rear will be almost riding on the bump stops with SN95 convertible springs and stock control arms.

I didn’t know that. Maybe a dumb question but why are they shorter on convertibles?

The SN95 coupe and convertible rear springs are both shorter than the stock Thundercat springs. I tried putting the 98 GT convertible springs on my car with the stock control arms and the rear was slammed. I run Maximum Motorsports rear control arms and they have an adjustable spring perch. I've got the spring perch about a third of the way up to get the car to sit like it does.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #16
So is Vinnie's car just lower than yours?  I know he is running SN95 springs but I have no idea if he has adjustable spring perches on his LCA's.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #17
So is Vinnie's car just lower than yours?  I know he is running SN95 springs but I have no idea if he has adjustable spring perches on his LCA's.

I know Vinnie has CHE arms, but I'm not sure if they are adjustable or not.

I should have taken a picture with the 98 GT convertible rear springs next to the stock rear springs from my LX. The GT springs were noticeably shorter. I popped the GT springs in the rear with poly isolators on the stock rear control arms and the car was waaay down compared to the front (which also has 98 GT springs with poly isolators). I needed the adjustable spring perches on the Maximum Motorsports rear control arms to level the car out.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #18
I have the adjustable CHE rear arms with the Mach1 springs. Had to jack them up this much:

11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #19
I have the adjustable CHE rear arms with the Mach1 springs. Had to jack them up this much:

The adjusters on the Maximum Motorsports rear arms on my car are up about that high with the 98 GT convertible springs.