Skip to main content
Topic: Lost, but won anyway (Read 4850 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Losin' my first auction

Reply #15
I hate snipers, anyone who has ever sniped anything I was bidding on has got/gets a nice email from me  :D  and anyone who ever snipes on one of my auctions gets some additional handling charges added to the total because I'm an  :asshole: all they do is piss off the honest bidders and the seller because they dont get what their item is worth. thats just my  :2c:
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #16
all they do is piss off the honest bidders and the seller because they dont get what their item is worth.

Well,  that's why they have reserve prices, and let you set your opening bid.  If you get screwed and have to sell your item at a cheap price then thats your own fault. 

Besides,  I aint to worried about getting screwed with an extra price for shipping,  I don't bid enless I know what shipping will be,  I once got screwed by buying a video game for $20 and found out later that the shipping was $20 too!

Reply #17
Personally I used to love snipers. Nothing quite like watching something languish along at $3 for six days, 24 hours, 59 minutes and 53 seconds, then watch it skyrocket to $250 within those last seven seconds because people get auction fever. Back before I had all "Fixed price" listings I would actually time my auctions to end at the time when most people would be sitting in front of their computers ready to snipe.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #18
here's another thought to ponder...
I won't but anything off of ebay unless it has buy it now...
if there is something I want, I'm gettin' it now, hell with that bid and stress, bid some more, stress out some more , LOL
but I know, I'm an  :asshole:  too!  :giggle:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #19
Y'know, I still go back every once in awhile and look at that auction.. and I think, gee, I lost the bidding.. but then, the car's sitting next to my driveway.. heh.