Skip to main content
Topic: Low Mileage v-6 (Read 324 times) previous topic - next topic

Low Mileage v-6

I know a lot of you guys swap out your old 3.8l for your V8s so someone out there should have a v6 laying around that is in fairly good condition right?

I have a 1987 cougar (ls) with a v6 now. It has 130,000 miles on it and Im looking to get an engine that i can just drop in rather than put alot of work into.

Low Mileage v-6

Reply #1
Not sure if you want this becasue it has some where around the same mileage but it is the 88 EFI 3.8 v6 It was a strong running v6. All the post about the v6 sucking are not talking about the 88 efi. I don't believe you could start with a better N/a 3.8 than the 88-up 3.8 efi. I have the whole car it has been sitting almost 3yrs. It would start and run with a alt and the TFI mod. I did take the rad out also. But it could all be yours very cheap the whole deal: the motor, harness, ECU for Auto.  Not sure where you are located but I bet you might want to pick it up. Any how let me know send me a E-mail
ipsd1@cebridge.net  I have a pic if you want I can email it to you let me know your adress.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird