Skip to main content
Topic: Well, I have lost it...looking into Aussie/US 200 I-6 swap (Read 6198 times) previous topic - next topic

Well, I have lost it...looking into Aussie/US 200 I-6 swap

Reply #45
It is a US BB200 block, which uses 2/3's of the SBF bell pattern.  Thus I'll use a 5.0 bell.

No, it is not the DOHC set-up...you see any cam pulleys? ;) It is the predecessor to that.  This head is the late EFI version.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #46
Quote from: Chuck W;196272
It is a US BB200 block, which uses 2/3's of the SBF bell pattern.  Thus I'll use a 5.0 bell.

No, it is not the DOHC set-up...you see any cam pulleys? ;) It is the predecessor to that.  This head is the late EFI version.

I know your engine is not DOHC.  I am running emissions on an Aussie DOHC I6 right now, so I'm familiar with what they look like.

I was asking if the DOHC I6 uses the same bell pattern that yours does, ergo the same bell housing.

Reply #47
Nope different bell.

Reply #48
It the bell unique or is there something in the US that works?

Reply #49
No US bells work with the Aussie blocks.  You need an OZ or NZ bell. 

I'm using a US block.

Reply #50
those pictures are a blast from the past, i had the 200 in my 69 Falcon, It was bulletproof. Ive thought of doing this swap but not quite as radical. I didnt know the AU heads were so easy. Good Luck
Current-
87 Cougar
88 Crown Vic LTD
84 Yamaha Xt600

previous cars -
1990 Dodge Daytona -
1990 Geo Prizm -
1987 Honda Accord - 140mph wonder? Rally ready..... K.I.A. at WOT due to massive head failure. Still had the best paint-job EVER...
1998 Suzuki Sidekick 4D -
1969 Falcon Futura w/ Sports Coupe option (now go try and find that? And if you do tell me where it is!!)

The Cougar will never be for sale, Only up for trade on a 68,69 Falcon 2D.

Reply #51
i was telling a guy at work and everytime i said the CI numbers he kept saying they were chevy :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)