Skip to main content
Topic: wasted money (Read 2449 times) previous topic - next topic

wasted money

i recently purchased the ford racing 351w swap oil pan and a set of MAC shorty headers for my 85 cat and a was showing them to my buddy who proceded to tell me that the oil pan of a 83-87 ltd crown vic will work as will the stock shorty headers off of a 80's mustang gt. Is this correct??? if so the guy at the parts store said that as long as i keep the boxes for the headers and oil pan i can return it and save some money..
THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!
1994 ford cough aerostar cough :shakehead
1985 mercury cougar 5.8 fmx 3 speed 4.10s in progress :welder:

Re: wasted money

Reply #1
Oil pan yes, any LTD double sump pan from a 351 up to '91(I have one off a Bronco, but haven't actually checked it for fit).... Headers no, except for the '95 Cobra "R" Stang no 351 Fox chassis headers from the factory.

Reply #2
Unless you've got a really good parts store to go to, the waste of money is going there. They pay more for the parts than you can get them from summit or one of those places, so you pay astronomically more. Just trying to save you some money in the future and going from my experience from pricing carbs and such from the chain stores

Reply #3
i don't think that $55.00 for a oil pan instead of 131.00 is a waste of money but they could have a cheaper one that i haven't seen cause i just browsed the online catalog. :2c:

Reply #4
Quote from: mercmadness
i don't think that $55.00 for a oil pan instead of 131.00 is a waste of money but they could have a cheaper one that i haven't seen cause i just browsed the online catalog. :2c:

The Ford Racing pan includes the oil pickup and dipstick.. But 55 bux ain't a bad deal....

I lucked out and got mine as a freebee with the extras... I just hope it fits...

Reply #5
Quote from: TurboCoupe50
The Ford Racing pan includes the oil pickup and dipstick.. But 55 bux ain't a bad deal....

I lucked out and got mine as a freebee with the extras... I just hope it fits...

I just used the oil pickup off fo a 302 i had laying around just had to drill one hole but i don't know if the dipstick will work i guess i'll have to try it

Reply #6
Nope $55 aint bad at all.