Skip to main content
Topic: Vacuum Hose Adapter (Read 881 times) previous topic - next topic

Vacuum Hose Adapter

I have been chasing vacuum leaks and a smoke machine was a real saver. 

There is a rubber adapter that connects the boost gauge hose to the vacuum that is very dry rotted on my car.  I need to replace it and unable to visit the autopart stores as of right now.
Anyone replace this before?  I have searched around online, but I think my vocabulary for the search is incorrect.
I have temporarily safety wired it in place.  I am going to need it for the hose that runs to the HVAC and EGR controller too.

Or is there a better way to go about this than replacing that adapter?

Thanks!

1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Re: Vacuum Hose Adapter

Reply #1
Mikey, I would try an in-line adapter as seen here:

https://www.autozone.com/fittings-and-hose-line-connectors/vacuum-connector-and-tubing/dorman-autograde-assorted-straight-hard-vacuum-tubing-connector-8-piece/426012_0_0?spps.s=6482&cmpid=LIA:US:EN:AD:NL:1000000:FLT:71700000060668086&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5PKZvsbI6QIViZ-zCh0MDw2eEAQYBCABEgL23fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Rick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

Reply #2
Here are adapters like you're looking for.

https://www.autozone.com/fittings-and-hose-line-connectors/vacuum-connector-and-tubing/dorman-autograde-soft-vacuum-tubing-connector-assortment-6-piece/426019_0

I usually use a little super glue to hold them onto the rigid hoses. Sometimes, a short length of silicone hose works well, as it can stretch a bit, to fit the larger OD fitting, and still have some longevity.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #3
Thank you both!

Chuck, that is perfect and thank you for the tip on the superglue.  That should definitely stop it from slipping out under pressure.
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300