Skip to main content
Topic: EMERGENCY!!!! Wiper delay module... (Read 629 times) previous topic - next topic

EMERGENCY!!!! Wiper delay module...

Ok, my wipers weren't parking last week, but now they won't shut off at all. I'm told the wiper delay module is what's bad but none of the local parts stores seem to have them and neither does the ford dealer.

Anyone got one they can send in a hurry? Gimme a price and I'll get a money order out immediately.

Reply #1
Let me know what I can snag it off of adn where to find it' I'll hook ya up man

Reply #2
I'll sell you the one of my Sport, just tell me where it's at (never sold one :hick: )

Reply #3
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;143093
I'll sell you the one of my Sport, just tell me where it's at (never sold one :hick: )
You and me are in the same boat, I'm not exactly sure where it's at either. All I know is it's above the fuse box on the steering column brace.

Reply #4
I have one.$25.00 shipped.The module is up under the driver side of the dash to the left of the steering column monuted on a steel support bar.Easiest pulled when the dash is out,which mine is.If you want it sent today,I can do that.My Pay-Pal is vinnietbird@sbcglobal.net  If you buy from someone else,now you have the info to help.Good luck.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Hello folks, According to the ford electrical & vacuum trouble shooting manual for 87-88 T-birds and cougars, you'll find it attached to the bottom of the shake brace, on the left side of the column, the book says bottom of brace, but the drawing shows that it's sitting of the brace. The plug to it will be gray with 8 terminals. The wire colors will be Orange, Red, Yellow/red, Black/pink, Dark green, Black/white, Dark blue/white, Brown/white.

Reply #6
Hello folks, According to the ford electrical & vacuum trouble shooting manual for 87-88 T-birds and cougars, you'll find it attached to the bottom of the shake brace, on the left side of the column, the book says bottom of brace, but the drawing shows that it's sitting on the brace. The plug to it will be gray with 8 terminals. The wire colors will be Orange, Red, Yellow/red, Black/pink, Dark green, Black/white, Dark blue/white, Brown/white.

Reply #7
Thanks for the help, guys. Just sent vinnietbird a Paypal for it. :) Hope it gets here before the rain stops. :D

Reply #9
Rain X.......That's good stuff.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #10
It's on the way to you,watch your mail box.It is going to be a beeyotch to install unless you remove the bar that it sits on.It has tiny little screws (like the ones that hold the shift indicator bezel to the shifter) that go on from the top.It also has two plugs,one to the harness iunder the dash,and the other goes to the wiper switch,so,you'll have to also remove the steering column cover panels.There are a couple of factory zip-ties holding the harness as well.Have plenty of light,and remove your driver seat,otherwise,I'll be telling you "I told you so" later.