Skip to main content
Topic: 2020 Shelby, American Muscle Link (Read 1482 times) previous topic - next topic

2020 Shelby, American Muscle Link

Reply #1
The engine sounds cool. I have two issues with the body:

1. That black bar on the front bumper below the Cobra snake would look better painted body color.

2. That spoiler is GOD AWFUL and screams tacky.

But Ford doesn't car what I say. I don't have the $$$$$ for a 2020 GT500.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
Quote from: thunderjet302;468549
The engine sounds cool. I have two issues with the body:

1. That black bar on the front bumper below the Cobra snake would look better painted body color.

2. That spoiler is GOD AWFUL and screams tacky.

But Ford doesn't car what I say. I don't have the $$$$$ for a 2020 GT500.

I agree, but with the stripes to carry that little theme through...

Spoiler delete option available?

I saw the spoiler on what I think is the top o' the line Vette, and instantly thought to myself that someone who's first exposure to a car was while watching the fast and the Furious designed/planned it. Unshagingbelievably ugly LOL.

Lots of g and moaning about the lack of a manual trans, but with that power, it's better off auto anyway. Besides, the car has to make love to the CAFE mandates....probably the biggest reason, IMO.

I want one, obviously. Sure as hell is a fun car, just by looks alone.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
It is a wild looking car.

The spoiler is very functional. Even on the Performance Package S550, the spoiler makes something like 65lbs of down force at 80mph. A car as capable as this one really needs it.

Half of the reason there is no manual is the lack of sales. It was not easy finding a manual transmission Mustang, and then finding one that was a PP1 car. They just don't sell well. The MT82 is also notoriously problematic. Was likely cheaper, easier and more durable to do an auto. The 10 speed auto in these cars is awesome. I just can't see myself having a car of this caliber with an automatic.

Ford did say that if there was enough interest, there would be a manual added later. Likely a Tremec.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
I figured the spoiler is functional. That doesn't make it look any less ugly to me.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
Depending on pricing and whether or not this continues into the 2021 model year (which is probable. Every time they say it's limited to X number they blow right past that number), this car is within the realm of possibility.  I just put myself into a car payment for the wife in August.....  I'm already 6 months ahead, lolol!

For something like this, My 05 Would go and most likely the Cougar as well. I'm getting to a point where I'd rather dedicate all my energy at ONE toy rather than a multitude.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #6
No confirmation from Ford as of yet in the form of an official Dealer Order Guide to go from but preliminary info says that the adjustable GT4 style spoiler that is in most of the pictures released is not the standard spoiler but part of the "Track Package" option like they did on GT350. They have also released this photo of a GT500 with this much less aggressive spoiler, which presumably is the standard one.
Notice also that this car has split 5-spoke wheels as well. The cars with the GT4 spoiler have the 7-spoke carbon fiber wheels.

X
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #7
That standard spoiler looks much better, at least to my eyes.

Reply #8
Quote from: BCA;468702
X

, that's about exactly what I want. Tint the windows, and it's perfect..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6