Skip to main content
Topic: Who has guns? (Read 25196 times) previous topic - next topic

Who has guns?

Just came back from the gun show today and I decided its time to see if anyone else here is into another popular hobby other than cars. Namely, Weapons.

I have just started collecting weapons but here so far is what I've got. First off there is my nightstick. pretty straightforward, although a little bent...:rolleyes:

Next there is my Smith and Wesson knife, with a 5" double sided carbide blade, and a leg strap I just picked up for it.

Then there is my Ruger P95 9mm s/a with 2 15rd magazines, and de-pen 15ing safety. I wanted to get a S/W Sigma but I wound up getting the Ruger b/c it was a better deal at the time and still a very nice gun.

I will be sending in for my FL CWP pretty soon. I don't plan to carry the Ruger, at least not very often, its a pretty heavy gun, but I still want to have the license for when I do carry. I'm planning on getting a smaller 5/6 shot S/W or Ruger to use as a CC, but I think the next gun I would like to get would be a shotgun, still not sure what though.

Oh yeah, and :america:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Who has guns?

Reply #1
I've got two Cav-15's ...one with a BCM 16" Mid-length upper, the other with an LMT 16" Carbine upper. I've also got a Glock 26, a Colt CR6724 (Accurized Rifle)
The wife has a Glock 19 & Winchester '94 Golden Spike
Between the two ankle biters, there's a single shot 410, a Henry .22, and a Cricket .22
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Who has guns?

Reply #2
A couple of old .22 rifles, one is a single shot Winchester my grandfather bought when he was about 10...have a Winchester shotgun and .30-30, as well as a Taurus .38spl, and lastly, but  sure not least, a 1917 Enfield .303 British. Magnificient killing device. It's very likely killed more people in 3 wars (or more) than I'll ever imagine. To think, I own a perfect working condition rifle that's already 60 years older than me...kinda puts things in perspective.

Dad has 5 .303s, one of which was one of the bunch that Savage was contracted out. Odd seeing a "Property of US" stamp on the side of an English rifle, lol.

FWIW, I will refuse to call ANY firearm a weapon, unless it's a crime scene we're discussing. Firearm, pistol, rifle, knife, personal safety tool, hell, even gun sounds better to the unkowing, uninitiated, and the sheep who even think a bb gun is a terrorist plot..

Anyway, as you can tell, I support the right to keep and arm bears...or something like that, lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #3
got many and concealed permit.
Got a long story for ya about knives though,, they arent allowed or can be observed as a consealed weapon even in the holster.  Having said that, if the blade exceeds 3 1/2'' and it is in the holster,,,AND you have it simply on your belt, an officer could consider that a consealed weapon.

AND>>>>>>>>>>> there is on law anywhere in this land that allows a knife to be used for protection legally and as a concealed weapon.  The law********FORCES** you to use a gun as the laws are written.

just go to your state police and ask for copies of the laws reguarding concealed weapons.

Now,, the wierd part is this,,,,,,,,
If you are stopped and in a car wearing your hunting gear, the knife on your belt no longer is a concealed weapon but rather it becomes a TOOL!!.  Same goes for a Chef who has several knives in a case concealed in his car, where it is obvious or apparent to the officer that the said knives are now TOOLS.

On the flip side, you cant carry a knife on an airplane and no tools shall exceed 7''.  However, TSA allows knitting needles the max length of 11'' made of any material because they consider them as a hobby tool.
So my gerber that i carry no longer has a blade because for some dumb ass reason, it being stowed with all my other tools , it is not a tool but a knife.

My babble was long, sorry but I thought i would share with you the things you better learn right off the bat when having that stuff and how you have it as to not give someone a reason to add trumped up charges on top of any situation you may find yourself in.

My fav gun , muy Wafinfabric m81 41cal rimfire and yes its old.

Who has guns?

Reply #5
I have a NEF single shot 20 GA, Rem. 22 bolt action, and a Taurus PT24/7 9mm. My next gun well be a Rem. 870 pistol grip.

88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Who has guns?

Reply #6
Not into handguns (which I suppose will change if I follow through with the RCMP thing), but I've got a Remington model 700 .30-06 and an ancient 12 guage side-by-side. I'm hoping to get a bolt action .22 soon, because they are a hell of a lot of fun and dirt cheap to use for target practice (something like $3 for a box of 50 bullets).
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Who has guns?

Reply #7
I have a .22 Jennings, a .22 rifle, a 20 gage shotgun, a flint lock, and when my father-in-law passes away, I will get back the black powder 45 I gave him for Christmas a few years ago that originally belonged to my dad.

I am hoping to get a 30-30 before too long, and I would also like to pick up another handgun or two... not really picky but I do hope to get a 357 magnum to add to my collection.

Along with my guns, we have what we call an arsenal, of no less than 15 swords and knives. Our whole family collects them.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Who has guns?

Reply #8
No firearms in my house . Not necessarily my choice
Fox-less at the moment

Who has guns?

Reply #9
No firearms for me yet, That's Dads hobby.
Though I do have random airsoft guns, pellet guns and display knives.

I wouldn't mind having Dad's service weapon though... (Colt AR-15). ;)
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Who has guns?

Reply #10
No guns here, just never got into them. My son shot trap when he was in high school and my brother in law is a gunsmith so certainly not against them

Who has guns?

Reply #11
Little of this and a little of that, good to exercise ones rights.  It would be more fun if ammo was cheaper,  mostly I only shoot .22's regularly anymore.  Do a lot of hunting throughout the whole winter still, limb chickens, deer and such.

Who has guns?

Reply #12
Quote from: jcassity;348215
got many and concealed permit.
Got a long story for ya about knives though ...stuff....

My fav gun , muy Wafinfabric m81 41cal rimfire and yes its old.

Yes, believe me I know about all that. I have already been through my concealed courses along with a class D & G FL security guard classes. FL is a little different though, where if you are open carrying a knife, its not considered a concealed, even if it is sheathed as long as it is plainly apparent that it is indeed a knife. (at least that's how I came to understand it) ...either way you've gotta be pretty ballsy to go strutting about with a friggin 5" knife on your belt. lol I tried it once just to see what kind of reactions I would get and a lot of people get a little weary. Course I don't blame em heh.

But if you are carying a pocket knife over 4" and its in your pocket, not on it, it is considered a C/W and therefore illegal:rolleyes: I carry a razor blade knife on my pocket so I'm good.;)
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Who has guns?

Reply #13
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;348211

FWIW, I will refuse to call ANY firearm a weapon, unless it's a crime scene we're discussing. Firearm, pistol, rifle, knife, personal safety tool, hell, even gun sounds better to the unkowing, uninitiated, and the sheep who even think a bb gun is a terrorist plot..

Anyway, as you can tell, I support the right to keep and arm bears...or something like that, lol

I wasn't referring to firearms specifically, I just meant feel free to post about other things besides guns;)
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Who has guns?

Reply #14
I understand, wasn't at all picking on ya:D:bowdown:
Just to me, sounds like bad intent calling an innocent hunting rifle a weapon.

Now that Cole is pretty pr0ne to getting into things he ought not, I need to get a gun safe and keep my stuff locked up. None are loaded in the house, and the cartridges are up on the top shelf in my bedroom closet (even I have to have a chair to reach 'em) but I'd feel a lot safer if they were behind a lock...

I was just thinking earlier tonight at work of when they're a little older, taking them shooting with the .22 rifles that their great grandfather bought almost  70 years ago...:bowdown:

It reminds of when he took me out in the pasture up north here and let me shoot the little bolt .22 he had, all those years ago...
not to brag, but I was pretty  accurate with a .22 at 8 years old lol. Made (and won) a 100 dollar bet when I was 11 that I could hit a golf ball at 100 yards with that .22...
:shakeass:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6