Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone using IE9 (Beta)? (Read 2594 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone using IE9 (Beta)?

It looks nice... but for me it is completely unstable. It crashes constantly! And I do mean constantly. Sometimes it crashes (with auto-recover) 4-7 times in a row before rendering a webpage, which is usually MSN.com. I only "upgraded" because IE8 became unstable as well. Not sure what the deal is, IE8 is rock solid on my other machines. I need IE for a couple work based apps that I use. Otherwise I would stick with Chrome at home. Currently it is the only program I have issues with.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Anyone using IE9 (Beta)?

Reply #1
I gave up on IE about version 3.0. Used netscape for years, then firefox, now chrome. It sucks that you are limited to it. Have you tried just using windows explorer, or is internet explorer too integrated now a days?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Anyone using IE9 (Beta)?

Reply #2
I'm having an issue with every browser I install on my laptop.  IE is the worst.

Anyone using IE9 (Beta)?

Reply #3
I seem to have issues with every browser at some point. I stopped using IE when FF came out. Then that started to shiznit the bed so I went back to IE7/8. I was pretty satisfied with IE8 (grouped tabs FTW!) until got blocked from a couple webpages that I frequent. So I installed Chrome for those sites. Wasn't a huge fan of it at first, no grouped tabs, no dropdown in address bar, etc... but I did like chrome to phone and a couple other android extensions. But dragging a tab into it's own window or onto another window was by far my favorite feature! Although IE9 supports that now.

IE9 seems more stable today. No crashes yet. Although I am typing this in Chrome. Re-typing FTL! Maybe I will install IE9 on my HTPC and see if there is a difference. Just wondering if anyone else was having any issues with the Beta.

Anyone using IE9 (Beta)?

Reply #4
i've been using firefox for years now.. IE just isn't worth spit in a bucket to me.. i tried chrome, can't stand it, it's just way too different to get used to

Anyone using IE9 (Beta)?

Reply #5
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;341145
i've been using firefox for years now.. IE just isn't worth spit in a bucket to me.. i tried chrome, can't stand it, it's just way too different to get used to

I'll just quote you....pretty well my experiences too.

I wouldn't touch any version of Ignorant Exploiter unless there is absofornicatekinlutely no other way.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Anyone using IE9 (Beta)?

Reply #6
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;341150
I wouldn't touch any version of Ignorant Exploiter unless there is absofornicatekinlutely no other way.

that's funny lmao i agree though

Anyone using IE9 (Beta)?

Reply #7
Think I found a fix. My Geforce 460 GTXs may be the culprits. Nvidia drivers have been getting worse and worse. Switched from GPU to software acceleration and it has stablized thus far.

Next time I'm going with ATI.

Anyone using IE9 (Beta)?

Reply #8
I gave up on IE anything years ago.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +