Skip to main content
Topic: Philly, DC, Harrisburg, Baltimore, Allentown (Read 14734 times) previous topic - next topic

Philly, DC, Harrisburg, Baltimore, Allentown

There's nine of us that have put a pin on the map. If there are any other folks that you know of that live in this region, we could have the potential of a really nice gathering one Saturday this summer. If it's just the nine of us, that is still potential for a nice gathering if everyone shows up. Just kind of loosely estimating, it looks as though Shrewsbury, PA or a little further south maybe in pen 15eysville for Bleavitt23 is a midpoint from the farthest members of that cluster thus far. (Trying to estimate a mid-point between Jandmmustangs, Bleavitt23, KITZ KAT and Fordracer08. The rest of us fall within that perimeter that their locations create.)  If everyone is game for putting something together, we could determine who can commit and select a mid-point and find a park near that location and fire up the grille and that sort of thing.

If we expand the perimeter out a little bit to include the folks on Long Island, the location would probably be near Philadelphia or Wilmington.  The drive would be longer for those at the bookends but if everyone felt they still had the time for longer drives in both directions, we could have an even larger gathering.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #1
I'd be into it. We need to do some kinda meet up.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #2
I would be up for a get-together. I guess the hard part is figuring out a date which works for everyone. I know it would limit the people involved but I would prefer to limit the distance needed to travel. Just my 2 cents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Reply #3
Quote from: Fordracer08;434190
I would be up for a get-together. I guess the hard part is figuring out a date which works for everyone. I know it would limit the people involved but I would prefer to limit the distance needed to travel. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, expanding the drive time too far beyond 1:15 each way or so starts to make for a very long day. Spending more time at the gathering than on the road would be a goal.

Also, should we see if anyone in the same region from overlapping circles (MarkVII, turbo Ford, TCCOA, etc) would be interested or just keep it to the FTBCF circle?

Reply #4
I think for the first one I would limit it to just FTBCF members and then expand if it goes well. Again, just my 2 cents. Hopefully someone else will chime in with their thoughts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Reply #5
I'm definitely down for a meet.  I can do a 1:15 drive no problem.  It takes me that long to get to work most days.  But you're right - much longer than that and it can start to be an issue.  With enough notice I can do almost any weekend.  My wife works at home on the weekends so I would need to secure a babysitter.  I could really go either way on including other forums/clubs.  There are upsides and downsides to both.  Might be nice to keep it small for the first go-round? :dunno:
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |
87 TC 5-Speed -- Cone Filter | Bypassed BCS | Stock Daily Driver
66 Mustang -- Pertronix Ignition Upgrade | Slow-Mobile

Reply #6
I think Paulie, (V8 Demon) would join me for a Cat road trip to meet up with everyone........

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #7
Bleavitt23 is a little further away from Jandmmustangs, KITZ KAT and Fordracer08 than I originally thought.  Looks like York or Shrewsbury or thereabouts would be an hour and 15 minutes for those three or four members north and east of there and the same or less for those of us south and southwest of there except Bleavitt23.  But Bleavitt23 could make it to Elkridge, MD in an hour and 15 and several of us nearby would get there in less time but that would be too far for those up in PA.

Looks like pen 15eysville or thereabouts is a rough mid-point between those at the southwest and northeast ends of the cluster but that gets to be about an hour and 40 minutes according to the Google maps time estimate.  That could be three hours of driving for those coming in from the perimeter.

Now you guys up in Long Island, that would be awesome if you could swing down too.  It would definitely be longer for you all.

But I suppose this dialogue would get a sense of who would show up and that, in turn, would influence the location.  But the cart and horse predicament is some people may not know if they can attend without knowing the location but the location may depend on who can show up.  But at least we are getting some dialogue here and a sense for who's game and such.  We may be able to find a park and nearby car show or cruise-in all in the same day in the same town.

Reply #8
Elkridge or pen 15eysville are both OK for me.  Obviously the farther south the better for my trip, but I don't mind driving extra.  My brother lives up in Baltimore so I make day trips up there several times a year.  I'd have to bow out if it were much north of B-More, though.
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |
87 TC 5-Speed -- Cone Filter | Bypassed BCS | Stock Daily Driver
66 Mustang -- Pertronix Ignition Upgrade | Slow-Mobile

Reply #9
Poking around for Saturday cruise-ins at some locations that could be somewhat of a midpoint for our cluster yield the following. I don't know where to look up the most comprehensive cruise-in lists though, if such a list exists.  I pulled these events from http://www.carcruiseguide.org/coming_events

Advanced Auto Store Saturday Night Cruise located at 8820 Belair Rd Baltimore, MD 21236. (Corner of Belair and Silver Spring Rds behind Patient First)

Wegman’s Saturday Night Cruise 21 Wegman's Blvd Abingdon, MD 21009 Clint 443-824-6778 May thru October.

Walmart Saturday Night Cruise is Back! 8118 Perry Hills Ct Nottingham, MD 21236. Rick 443-847-3220

Wendy’s on Rt.22 2308 E Churchville Rd Bel Air, MD 21015 in Churchville will host a car cruise on Saturdays from 4-9pm beginning in April. 443-807-0286. dilworthsusan@gmail.com

Road Raiders Cruise 601 Lombard Rd Red Lion, PA 17356 Contact club for dates. 717-413-7141.

Reply #10
Or we could do a day into night BBQ and bonfire at a park with just our crew?

Reply #11
Quote from: MY83T;434433
Or we could do a day into night BBQ and bonfire at a park with just our crew?

Yeah, the more ideas the better. Right now, it seems only four or five of us would be game for something. But I'm only basing that on posts within this thread. Some others may be wanting to join but just don't have anything to add thus far in this thread.

Do you think such a park exists any more in ne MD/n DE/se PA that would allow bonfires?

Reply #12
ill say id like to join in also, but i just recently finished getting the engine back together in the bird and dont really trust it for the long hauls yet. if something is sorta near by, ill try to push it out a little farther. but dont plan around just me either.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #13
Quote from: Cougars 2 go;434435
Yeah, the more ideas the better. Right now, it seems only four or five of us would be game for something. But I'm only basing that on posts within this thread. Some others may be wanting to join but just don't have anything to add thus far in this thread.

Do you think such a park exists any more in ne MD/n DE/se PA that would allow bonfires?

We could do a day or weekend rental for a campsite at Broad Creek Scout Reservation.  Its very inexpensive and we can grill and have a fire also, even do a cabin rental if anyone wants to do a overnight.  http://www.broadcreekbsa.org/summer-camp/saffran/facilities/43190

Reply #14
I would be willing venture into northern Maryland for a get-together. I will say I have a pretty busy summer schedule so the date will probably be the tough part for me. A cookout at a park would be great. I would prefer a daytime get-together though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD