Skip to main content
Topic: Wiring a 5.0 for P-heads (Read 1656 times) previous topic - next topic

Wiring a 5.0 for P-heads

Reply #1
I used 90 degree plug boots, and a shorty header plug on the #7 plug. I never had any issues with mine
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Wiring a 5.0 for P-heads

Reply #2
I had GT40P heads with FRPP GT40P shorty headers and FRPP spark plug wires with 145* boots. Worked fine with no clearance issues. You'll probably need 90* plug boots in your setup.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Wiring a 5.0 for P-heads

Reply #3
Yeah, as stated by Thunderjet, G40-P headers will rid you of all the issues. I see them pop up from time to time on the Corral for a decent price.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Wiring a 5.0 for P-heads

Reply #4
i expected to have problems but never did.

what pn bbk are you using?
I will dig up the pn of the ones we used.  zero issues on the iron p's using the bbk pn we have

Wiring a 5.0 for P-heads

Reply #5
I've got the BBK 1515's for mine..Haven't got wires on it yet, but it looks as if it won't be any issue with a short plug on that cyl, and 90* boots.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6