Skip to main content
Topic: The Thunderbird Excavation (Read 1228 times) previous topic - next topic

The Thunderbird Excavation

One week before today, this car had (and still has) no engine, but sat clean and gleaming in the sunshine.  Today...
XXX

I had to clear it off today to prevent broken springs and to prep it to be towed home for the remainder of the winter.  If I had just cleared away from the tires, you wouldn't have known there was no engine, cuz she was riding low.

Reply #1
You got some of that snow too eh? We got about a foot here, on top of the foot we got around New Years day. If it was as cold as it was here (-14*F) than digging the thunderbird out must have been real fun.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
It's been about that here, and I'll tell you that digging that sorry  out wasn't a box of kittens.  I used to live at the northern tip of lower MI, and I forgot how much it takes out of you to spend 2 hours out working in sub-zero temps and/or wind-chills.  It's 3 hours later and I'm STILL exhausted.  I figure I had a legit 3 feet of snow on the car, and the bottom half was packed down.

Reply #3
Wow that's a ton of snow lol

Reply #4
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;426956
It's been about that here, and I'll tell you that digging that sorry  out wasn't a box of kittens.  I used to live at the northern tip of lower MI, and I forgot how much it takes out of you to spend 2 hours out working in sub-zero temps and/or wind-chills.  It's 3 hours later and I'm STILL exhausted.  I figure I had a legit 3 feet of snow on the car, and the bottom half was packed down.

Yeah the cold takes a lot out of you. I cleared the cars and the driveway off before the bottom fell out here on Sunday night. Any snow that blew back onto the cars or driveway is stuck now untill it gets above 0*. It got so cold that the air springs in my Mark VII lost air just sitting, which has never happened before. Suprisingly both my 2011 Focus and the Mark started fine after sitting outside in -14* temps. The Mustang and Thunderbird are sitting in the garage waiting out the winter. It was a balmy 6* in the garage when it was -14* outside.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
I remember back when I had my 83 cougar, it was buried like that. I was vigorously brushing it off and forgot about the hood ornament. It was so cold it snapped right off. I was so pissed, all of the snow melted from the heat of my rage.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7