Skip to main content
Topic: new guy with an old TURBO COUPE (Read 1309 times) previous topic - next topic

new guy with an old TURBO COUPE

hi I've  owned this 2.3 5 speed car since 1988 well actually it was my X wife's car for the first 10 years being a old school type after getting tired of trying to keep up with the latest computer glitch with the 2.3 I replaced it with a 1985 Mustang GT style 5;0 really loved that combo then we  downgraded it to occasional driver, but things happened and it sat for a few years and more happened and it is sitting going to waste it really could be a nice car again but at this time my physical handicaps prevent me from driving a stick and from doing much to it and it needs some work my kid says he wants it but he's not really a car guy oh well I was just thinkinf=g about it and wound up here thanks for listening to my ramblings

Reply #1
An aod wouldn't be that bad.

There was a guy here a few years ago that converted a 87 2.3 turbo coupe over to hand controls. His name was thubdergrowl I think.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

you are right buT

Reply #2
I can't convert them all, there is a  1966 Mustang K  code and a 1948 International street rod that I SHOULD do first.

Reply #3
Quote from: bkdodds;463722
I can't convert them all, there is a  1966 Mustang K  code and a 1948 International street rod that I SHOULD do first.

You could make it a project car for you and your son.
88 Cougar
88 T-Bird
other cars that don't apply to this forum