Skip to main content
Topic: 1987 to 1997 Thunderbird and Cougar custom-made hood liners (Read 8106 times) previous topic - next topic

Getting close to Christmas!

Reply #15
I did an '86 Thunderbird last week and the original liner for that one is similar to the '87 except that the light cut-out is on the opposite side.

Still could use a liner for the Turbo Coupes so I can start providing these for those models!

Don't forget about the FREE shipping until the end of December.

1987 to 1997 Thunderbird and Cougar custom-made hood liners

Reply #16
How would this work for floor board ins. and do you sell it by the sq. ft. for us to cut and put in other spots on the car? Also what would work best as far as adhesive?

Reply #17
I've been searching for a NOS hood liner for my 87TC for a while now with no luck. I think my parts car still has one I could probably send out to you. Ontario to Michigan shouldn't be too bad. I'll send you a PM.

Reply #18
Hi cougardoc - sorry but it wouldn't work for floorboards. I would suggest maybe something on the order of that "blanket" material they sell at the larger U-Haul rental places. The liner I sell is really made for the engine bay and trunk areas.

Graham - many thanks for the offer! I am going crazy trying to track down a Turbo Coupe liner but I just can't seem to find any! I would be most appreciative! You could roll it up or fold it, whatever you'd like. I'd really like to be able to offer my liners with an emblem for the Turbo Coupe owners! You can also e-mail me directly at tbirddmnd@att.net

Thanks!

Reply #19
Still here guys!

Reply #20
Back up to the top - still offering liners!

Reply #21
Whats the price for a T-Bird embelm on it and shipped to ZIP 79110??? Then if you want add AeroBird GT under the T-Bird. Also 1 quick question how thick is the liner since my intake when the engine is on hits the bottom of my hood?

Let me know so i can have a idea when i got the money to order it.

Edit-forgot to ask if you can make it fit the Turbocoupe hood?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #22
Hi Aerobird,

Dunno if you got the e-mails I sent you back in mid November with the samples. I hit upon a good font for the AEROBIRD lettering.

Thickness is 1/4 of an inch, about the thickness of a pinky at the tip. It works far superior to the stock one. Shouldn't be a problem with your intake.

Price is $85 plus $10 for each emblem, plus $10 for shipping.

I still don't have the Turbo Coupe templates - I really need one!

Reply #23
Back up to the top.

Reply #24
Still don't have an 87 or 88 Turbo Coupe template - maybe someone here can help? I'll knock off $20 from the price.

Reply #25
Okay my old car is wrecked and gone but i got a TC hood for my cougar which is the car that is getting all my old parts and is basically paided off so as soon as you get a one for a TC hood tell me but i also got a 88 T-Bird and it would be nice 2 order 2 of them for both cars after i get the cougar bulit and as long as the T-Bird does not break anytime soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #26
Sorry to hear about your old car, and I'd love to be able to help, but I just don't have a TC original liner to go by to make a template from.

Is anyone up to helping me make a template? You can use a vinyl shower curtain from a dollar store! Let me know!

Reply #27
I can help a bit, let me see what I can do.  If nothing else, I could ship you my original hood liner that isn't in the greatest of shape, but will still work as a template.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #28
Thanks Birdman, I'd appreciate it!

It would be easiest and cheapest to lay out a dollar store shower curtain on a large workbench or plywood on a couple of sawhorses, then the original liner on top of that. Weight it down with something heavy so it doesn't move around and then with a fine point black Sharpie trace around it, indicating the holes and the light and air cut outs. I could take care of cutting out the tracing.

Sound cool? Let me know, I could pick up the cost of the curtain and the shipping to me.

Thanks again!

Reply #29
Do you have a picture of one for a cougar with the cougar emblem in it? I would be interested in atleast 1.
:ford::oldcougar::mercury: