Re: Starting fresh

Reply #135
Couple more

Reply #136
And now its done

Reply #137
Looks great! How much of a handling improvement do you feel on the street?

I'm not sure the bar would clear the 2.5" tailpipes I'm running, especially on the passenger side. It would be extremely tight if it fit at all.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #138
I'll have to get back with you on that one, I didn't put a ton of drive time on it. I put a couple miles on it but. Not enough to really open it up. Just enough to see that is doesn't bind any.

As for tail pipes, thats a big hell no. Driver side will fit no problem. Passenger side will require some major magic with a mandrel bender. It could go up over the axle and immediately make a 90* bend the almost immediately make another then out the back. That's just to much for me. And with the tires I have in the rear its stupid close anyway. Entirely not worth it. I may later down the road when I get tired of my mac lers or when I build the next motor and step up the exhaust to 3" go the way of side exit in front of the rear tire but dumps work for now

Edit: I also still have to put the sway bar on. Then the suspension will be completely done. Aside from some camber tweaks. Cause the guy that did my alignment put smaller bolts in the upper strut mount holes to get more camber put of it before realizing I had cc plates. So the inside of the front right tire is rubbing the coilovers something fierce after the suspension settled more

Reply #139
I strongly suggest you get where the panhard bar is attached to the frame welded. If you get stupid with it they will start to wobble the holes out. Mine is welded for that reason.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #140
No real progress to speak of, I got to find a better ground spot for my battery and figure out why the 3g alt isn't charging. I wired it the same way I did on the old car. I havent taken the alt in to be tested yet either. Its been a pretty busy week with barely any time to work on the car. I'm prepping for the October 5th track day at Muncie I should have everything sorted out by then.

Reply #141
Well I found out why the 3g wasn't charging. Apparently it just gave up. It was like 13 years old so no big deal. Got the new one in and the rear ride height bumped up a little now so the quarter lips wont eat the tires so bad.  I'll need to roll them soon especially if I run my slicks.

Reply #142
Are the slicks mounted on Town Car wheels?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #144
I haven't updated here in a while but most of y'all are over on Facebook anyway. I didn't get down to the track like I wanted to but theres always next year. I did however start focusing on the motor a little more since the suspension is pretty well done and it drives awesome. It stays very firmly planted to the ground and is very responsive theres no walk in the rear. It's very fun to drive as long as youre not in a hurry to go anywhere.

Anyway over to the 302 and my dilemma with it being an e6 HO with flat tops and not wanting to spend a fortune on this motor. But still have it run great for a possible future project car after the 351 is built. I already had edelbrock heads and 1.6 roller rockers. I was hoping to get away with swapping heads throwing a better cam in it (so I would know what was actually in it) and better intake with my fitech kit on top thinking I had a 87+ 5.0. Well so much for that.

I ordered some KB115's in a standard bore that should give me enough room for my 1.90/1.60 valves and the valve springs are rated for .575 lift which will work perfectly for a trickflow stage 2 cam. It will have new rings and rod bearings along with arp rod bolts and a Ford racing version of the victor jr intake because it's almost the exact same design almost $100 cheaper.

Thats it for now!

Reply #145
Getting closer to putting the engine together. Waiting on some stuff to sell to have more funds. Rings bearings and rod bolts are next. But in the meantime cleanup of the parts I already have.

Reply #146
Cool.

What roller rockers are those?

Reply #147
Harland Sharp

Reply #148
Christmas/birthday presents came today so the short block can be put back together. Arp connecting rod bolts, melling timing chain, clevite bearings and new rings and a newer style ring compressor. The one I have is very old and doesn't work really well any more.

And the tfs-2 cam of course. I'll be putting her back together tomorrow

Reply #149
Well its together now. I clayed the pistons to check ptv clearance and have plenty of room for shenanigans. Now to ship the heads off to the machine shop for a little work and buy an intake. I'm getting down to the nitty gritty and getting super excited