Skip to main content
Topic: '84 Merc. Cougar XR7 (Read 500 times) previous topic - next topic

'84 Merc. Cougar XR7

I am  looking for a cam belt cover (plastic).

I am also in need of a inside fender (apr0n) for the drivers side of the car.  Mine is crumpled and am unable to bolt my new fender to it.

Also looking for XR7 hood ornament and rear quarter panel ornament.

Thanks
:cougarsmily:

'84 Merc. Cougar XR7

Reply #1
Quote from: beej8508;128218

I am also in need of a inside fender (apr0n) for the drivers side of the car.  Mine is crumpled and am unable to bolt my new fender to it.

:cougarsmily:

Are you talking about the inner fender itself?  As in the structural part of the front end of the car?  If that is crumpled, a new fender is the least of your worries.

Oh, and posting in the proper forum would be nice too....moving..
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

'84 Merc. Cougar XR7

Reply #2
Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Oh and I did post it in appropriate column...T-bird/Cougar parts or cars wanted.

'84 Merc. Cougar XR7

Reply #3
Quote from: beej8508;128371
Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Oh and I did post it in appropriate column...T-bird/Cougar parts or cars wanted.

No, you didn't...I MOVED IT HERE ;)

Now...what part are you talking about?

I take it the car has been wrecked?

If this inner fender piece is too bent to bolt a fender to...you need to have the car checked by a frame alignment/body shop to see if the chassis is even straight.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

'84 Merc. Cougar XR7

Reply #4
It seems to me that he's referring to the plastic splash shield.
beej8508: Those splash shields aren't unique to the XR-7. You should be able to pull one from another vehicle and use it.
The emblems may be more difficult to find. I have a set of NOS XR-7 c-pillar emblems, but I'm not letting them go anytime soon.
I may, however, have a hood ornament laying around. I'll take a look.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'84 Merc. Cougar XR7

Reply #5
It's moot anyway. He asked to be removed from the forum. I didn't see anything particularly nasty here, but some people have thin skin...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣