Skip to main content
Topic: cluster question... (Read 1058 times) previous topic - next topic

cluster question...

Does anyone know for sure if the printed circuit on the Sport clusters are different than on the TC clusters? Mainly '87-'88 Thanks.:bowdown:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

cluster question...

Reply #1
Yes, they are slightly different but mainly for additional circuits on the TC board (firm ride light, etc.). The wiring positions are still the same otherwise.
You thinking about interchanging one?

cluster question...

Reply #2
I had to swap in a TC circuit thingamajig into my Sport cluster as some of the contacts broke away where the connector snaps into it.

Still haven't yet gotten my dash harness issue solved, and with it now colder than a witches you know what..might be some time before I get to it, unless i round up a reddy heater..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

cluster question...

Reply #3
i have the cluster pin outs posted up in my diy link,, go to the link that takes you to the "EVTM",, its in there.

cluster question...

Reply #4
Quote from: EricCoolCats;375679
Yes, they are slightly different but mainly for additional circuits on the TC board (firm ride light, etc.). The wiring positions are still the same otherwise.
You thinking about interchanging one?

Well some of the circuit board on the Sport cluster melted and came apart, so I used a spare TC cluster and put the V8 tach and speedo in it. Now the tach reads half, eg. when it says 1500 rpm, you are doing 3000 rpm.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

cluster question...

Reply #5
Quote from: jcassity;375704
i have the cluster pin outs posted up in my diy link,, go to the link that takes you to the "EVTM",, its in there.

All I could find are the base and electronic clusters.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

cluster question...

Reply #7
Thanks Eric, I already checked that out, it says the pinout is the same. I guess I will pull the cluster when I get a chance and see if anything is amiss.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3