Skip to main content
Topic: What front coil springs are best for '88 Tbird, or full set? (Read 261 times) previous topic - next topic

What front coil springs are best for '88 Tbird, or full set?

I been looking all over for coil springs to lower the car about 1½ to 2 in. body above tire, so about  1.5 maybe 2 inch lower in front, and matching the back. Stiffer springs would be good. Running good struts and shocks already.
I did cut one coil off old front springs and that was a great height for front.

What springs can I use:
SN95?
'94 to 2004?
are there any reasonable priced springs that will improve the handling, but not let it compress onto tires in front or overload wallet?

Any help or direction with positive results would be helpful please, I really am not into beta testing.  What have you used and what are your results?
1985 Muscle Car V8 Thunderbird
tbirdregistry.com - #56919
Lorain, OH. Assembly #151041
811 TBirds followed Mine

1988 Thunderbird V6
tbirdregistry.com - #80084
Lorain, OH. Assembly #111106

Re: What front coil springs are best for '88 Tbird, or full set?

Reply #1
Yeah, SN95 springs are ideal for these cars. I had some from a 97 GT on my Sport. Brought it down a little over an inch or close to it. For me, I didn't want much lower than that...didnt want to mess with bumpsteer kits and such.

Mine was too stiff in the rear, but that was more to due with poly bushings rather than how it was sprung.

The rear susp was pretty solid...didn't articulate much, rode rough as hell and on loose surfaces, would not stay straight with ANY throttle input, again, poly bushings at every point in the rear. And I'd even been told it would do that. Never again...lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6