Skip to main content
Topic: Springs for V8 (Read 3662 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Springs for V8

Reply #15
:like:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #16
Reporting back. The SN95 springs worked out great. They look almost identical but drop the car to a nice front stance. Glad I don't have to do that job again anytime soon!

Alright.  Pics man!   Pretty please...
Mike

Reply #17
Here she is! First pics posted since my V8/T5 swap!
1988 Mercury Cougar LS
5.0HO + T5 Swap + Suspension/Brake Mods

Reply #18
Those pics are with sn95 springs just in front, correct?
Mike

Reply #19
Correct. SN95 in the front, TC in the back.
1988 Mercury Cougar LS

Reply #21
Beautiful car BTW!  Stock engine with flat top pistons?  I Gt40p to use also and top end.  You using a stock HO cam?
Mike

Reply #22
Thank you sir!

These are new springs all around.

I started with a stock 87' Tbird 5.0 (dished piston) low mile block. I added rebuilt GT40P heads and Scorpion roller rockers (stock ratio). I used a stock new HO cam & roller lifter setup. Then I added the explorer top end and 65mm throttle body. Since I stuck with speed density, I used 21# injectors to try to make up for the added airflow. Still learning this stuff, so not exactly sure how efficient my setup is, but it working for me. This is more than enough power for what I'm doing, especially through a T5 and a 3.45 trac-loc rear. The car feels like a totally different animal compared to when it had the anemic 3.8L -> AOD -> 3.08 open dif. setup.

1988 Mercury Cougar LS

Reply #24
Looks good. Sits about like my car, which is surprising considering you have iron heads in your car and mine has aluminum. It's probably the AOD in my car weighing it down. 
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #25
That's correct, no valve reliefs in pistons.
1988 Mercury Cougar LS

Reply #26
Where are you getting the 21lb injectors?  Ive not heard of those.
Mike

Reply #27
Got em' in a trade at some point. I believe they were for a late 90's modular motor.
1988 Mercury Cougar LS

Reply #28
Probably just the 4 hole yellow ones from mod motor cars.  I thought they were 19lb 4 hole pintels.
Mike

Reply #29
If they're pink, they're 21 pounders...those came on IIRC late o2 through '04 Stang GT, NOT Cobra/Mach.

Orange=19
Pink=21
Blue=24

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/24-lbs-injectos-how-can-i-found-it-in-a-yunk-yard.794080/post-7996098
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6