Skip to main content
Topic: Lower Intake Manifold Bolts/Studs (Read 982 times) previous topic - next topic

Lower Intake Manifold Bolts/Studs

So I removed my stock lower intake, and there are 4 studs and the rest are bolts. I want to buy a quality aftermarket bolt kit, such as ARP, but the kits I find only have one stud included. Of course, these are for a 5.0 1986-1993 mustang, and I would imagine they fit, but would it be ok to just have the one stud and the rest bolts? Or could I go all studs? For the life of me, I can't remember what each stud was connected to, I know one is for the heater tube or whatever. And what kit would you guys recommend? I really wouldn't want to spend more than 50 bucks on a set.

Also if anyone happens to be interested, I'm trying to sell quite a few of the original top end parts.
1986 Thunderbird original 5.0, butterfly window car. Two-tone Medium Grey and Silver Metallic Clearcoat paint with red pin-striping. A couple mods so far...with lots to come.

Re: Lower Intake Manifold Bolts/Studs

Reply #1
Studs on the lower intake are the heater tube, serpentine belt tensioner, and A/C compressor bracket. You may be able to contact ARP and see if they'll put together a set for you. The bolts that came out of mine were good so I wire wheeled and reused them.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Re: Lower Intake Manifold Bolts/Studs

Reply #2
Thanks, I may give ARP a call and see what they say. Or maybe I could get just the studs from them or something and reuse the bolts. I'll have to look at them again and see how well they can be cleaned and if they're worth reusing. One of my studs broke off in the head, so I know I need one at least.
1986 Thunderbird original 5.0, butterfly window car. Two-tone Medium Grey and Silver Metallic Clearcoat paint with red pin-striping. A couple mods so far...with lots to come.