Skip to main content
Topic: POR on K member paint (Read 8773 times) previous topic - next topic

POR on K member paint

Reply #15
Once the rust has been converted, any non-pourous coating will work to "encapsulate" it, it's only just a matter of personal preference which one you want to use. If you don't convert the rust prior to using the products though, you just wasted your time, as the rust will continue on underneath the coating until it gets bad enough to flake it back off. Don't get me wrong here I really like eastwoods stuff, but wouldn't recommend their Rust Encapsulator over Por15, as it clearly is an inferior coating. I've used both extensively, and many other competent body/paint people would agree, but as always people are only gonna go with whatever they see as being best inside their mind, regardless of reality. I know what I'm sticking with though, the proven winner. :)

POR on K member paint

Reply #17
If your more concerned with price than quality, I'd say go for it.

I used Zero Rust on my old snapper Riding Lawnmower and it does work. Seems to hold up well.

POR on K member paint

Reply #18
That little can in the starter kit should be just right for the size job.  I used "Chassis Saver" before on the rear chassis of my '96 Cutlass a few years ago.  That stuff worked well, only thing is it didn't store well and I lost half a $40 can of it!  I learned later to pickup a couple of Mason jars to store it in.