Skip to main content
Topic: Fuel slosh.  (Read 1097 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel slosh.

Hi. Been having a long time fuel slosh problem under acceleration. When I aggressively take off  at less than a half a tank the car falls on his face and goes lean. Ive just accepted the fact that I have to drive the car with more than a half a tank. But now I have less than 20 pounds of fuel pressure and have to drop the tank I was wondering what anybody else had done to solve that problem.

I'm looking at Aeromotive Phantom in the tank baffled pump model 18688.
Has anyone tried it yet or come up with a better idea.
Thanks steve
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Re: Fuel slosh.

Reply #1
If you figure this out let us know. I've been dealing with that issue for years. My solution has been to treat 1/2 tank like empty  :toothless:.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.