Skip to main content
Topic: 1995 F-150 short bed (Read 2273 times) previous topic - next topic

1995 F-150 short bed

Late last winter the 4.7 in my Jeep Grand Cherokee decided it had enough. So it was time to find a new winter ride. Picked up this nice short bed down in Ft. Worth Texas last spring. 2wd, 6 cyl, 5 speed. I’m always amazed at how rust free some of these southern vehicles are. It came apart like it was new, no torch or BFH needed. Worth the 2000 mile round trip for sure.

Used the  80,000 mile drivetrain from my dads rusty 6 cyl, 5 speed, 93 F-150 to make it 4wd.

Swapped front and rear axles, transmission and transfer case, haven’t switched the engine yet. Only thing I needed to buy for the swap was the rear drive shaft, but while I was in there it got new brakes, u-joints, ball joints, bushings, flywheel and clutch. Few things I want to do to it yet, but will have to wait for spring when I can get the SHO wagon back out.

1995 F-150 short bed

Reply #1
Nice! Love me some '90s F150!
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1995 F-150 short bed

Reply #2
Now that is a good looking SWB 4x4!!!  Does it have the 300 inch inline six?  Great tow vehicle if it does.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

1995 F-150 short bed

Reply #3
ThunderbirdSport302
Nice! Love me some '90s F150!

Yeah me too, I may have a problem. Pretty soon I will have a OBS Ford for every day of the week.

Aerocoupe
Now that is a good looking SWB 4x4!!! Does it have the 300 inch inline six? Great tow vehicle if it does.

Yes it does, and yes they are. My dad has had fords with 300 6’s since 1990 right up until the Fall of 2017 when the 93 above was retired. The other one was a 1988 that was also retired because of rust. My original plan was to swap the lower mileage 300 in right away, but the original 230,000 mile one is running so well I decided it can wait.

1995 F-150 short bed

Reply #4
Quote from: bodyman;468235
Yeah me too, I may have a problem. Pretty soon I will have a OBS Ford for every day of the week..

That's a problem I'd like to have..lol.

I had a '92 F150, 2wd, 5.0, 5 speed. Wish I'd never gotten rid of it.

Currently have a '94 Flareside 4x4. It's a rat, but it's got potential. Bedsides are beat up, though. God only knows where I could find an affordable and good flareside bed...

I've got plans for it, but it needs some suspension work in the front. Runs great, though. Probably turn it into an off road toy. Has 33's under it. I'll see if I can scare up a pic, not sure if I've got some or not. Nothing to get excited over, though lol.

Some  took the original doors off an replaced them with '87-91 doors...vent windowshiznit the dash lol.

I've got an efi 351w from a '92 or 93...would like to go through it and hop it up, put it in the flareside. Not sure if the truck is worth all of the trouble, though. If it were nicer....hell yeah I would.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1995 F-150 short bed

Reply #5
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;468269
That's a problem I'd like to have..lol.

I had a '92 F150, 2wd, 5.0, 5 speed. Wish I'd never gotten rid of it.

Currently have a '94 Flareside 4x4. It's a rat, but it's got potential. Bedsides are beat up, though. God only knows where I could find an affordable and good flareside bed...

I've got plans for it, but it needs some suspension work in the front. Runs great, though. Probably turn it into an off road toy. Has 33's under it. I'll see if I can scare up a pic, not sure if I've got some or not. Nothing to get excited over, though lol.

Some  took the original doors off an replaced them with '87-91 doors...vent windowshiznit the dash lol.

I've got an efi 351w from a '92 or 93...would like to go through it and hop it up, put it in the flareside. Not sure if the truck is worth all of the trouble, though. If it were nicer....hell yeah I would.

ive swapped the 92- up wing windows into the earlier doors before, which would fix your wing window to dash interference.  80-96 F series is kind of my bread and butter, ive got close to a dozen drivers, and countless parts trucks.

1995 F-150 short bed

Reply #6
Got any Flareside beds? :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1995 F-150 short bed

Reply #7
ive swapped the 92- up wing windows into the earlier doors before, which would fix your wing window to dash interference. 80-96 F series is kind of my bread and butter, ive got close to a dozen drivers, and countless parts trucks.

The track is just a little wider on the 92 up wing window, so you also need to use the 92 up door glass.

Got any Flareside beds?

Got more than one?

1995 F-150 short bed

Reply #8
As far as my doors go, the ones on there are horrible, not aligned, and rattle. No idea why the last owner(s) put 'em on, but it's a mess. Truck is a mess, but I got it in a trade for parts and it runs, quite well actually. Needs a radiator, too.

I doubt it will ever have a license plate hanging onto the bumper, but it will be fun to take across ditches and haul deer out. Might even paint it camo and use it for a mobile deer blind LOL. Kidding. Maybe..

My dad has an '89 f150 that doesn't have any oil pressure, but it's been sitting since 2005. I've intending on asking what he wants for it, and either try to fix the oil issue or else swap in another engine. I do have a complete Explorer 5.0, but it's been so long since I was on FTE, I can't remember the stuff that has to be done to convert a truck to "HO" standards...I am aware that the trucks used bank fire fuel injector pulsing vs multiport as is found on the cars...

As for a bed, mine's , I'd like to find another one, if I had to, I'd even put on the regular bed, if I could find a decent shortbed and gate.

I'll have to get some pics of mine, let you see what kind of a mess it is LOL. It's a rat, but it runs good and has a clean title, so it will do for me.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1995 F-150 short bed

Reply #9
There needs to be a tax to keep rust free vehicles from ending up in the rust belt  :D

Nice truck though. I miss my 91 with the 300!
1985 Turbo Coupe
1985 Bmw 745i
1989 Ford F150
1990 Geo Metro
2003 Ford Windstar