Skip to main content
Topic: Here we go again...in a predicament... (Read 1613 times) previous topic - next topic

Here we go again...in a predicament...

Reply #15
I'll post pics as soon as it gets here. It's in route. I also have a 65mm t-body and spacer on the way I got for super cheap....the only way I could've got it. LOL. That way, I can keep the polished 70mm t-body and spacer with the Trick Flow.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
I think the Street heat manifold has been renamed to Street Burner now? which is $480 from summit.

but i am kinda interested in what it'd cost to send a manifold to Aus :P
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #17
Quote from: EFFalcon;368600
but i am kinda interested in what it'd cost to send a manifold to Aus :P

about 4-6 months worth of waiting.. lol i sent alcohol carbs for a CBR600 to a guy in au and it took forever to get there
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #18
haha, sea freight is normally a couple of months, air is alright, but pricey depending on the item :)
good windsor parts arn't very common second hand here :)
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #19
Even at $480 for a new one , my hopeful price for all one will get is a great deal. Enough of that in this thread topic....GO COBRA !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #20
HOLY  !!!! I just had a thought. I know a guy here in town that does laser work on plastic (No metals....but maybeeeeeee.......). I'll see if he can do an intake plate for me. I'll have to trace out the shape of the plate, then transfer it to whatever he needs it applied to. More as soon as I can get the intake here and get busy. I'll fine tune my designs and get them ready. I hope this works out. It's got to be different, yet fitting for the sport, and, I have to swap my valve covers, or design a new graphic for them....or leave them alone and make my own version of the FPV logo for the intake...YES, That's It !! My own FPV logo !!!! Go Cobra !!!!

Reply #21
get rid of the ford blue.... go with the body color...trust me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #22
I agree....but repainting that whole engine....holy moly. That would be a major undertaking.I'll have to keep the blue for now, but, don't plan on painting the lower intake on this Cobra blue the way I usually do to my manifolds. I am having some ideas though. More later on that. Maybe I can snap a pic of the drawings and post them.

Reply #23
he's going psycho with this go cobra business lol

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #24
Quote from: Shadow;368613
he's going psycho with this intake swapping business lol

Fixed. :rollin:

So..uhh, Vinnie...whatcha gonna do with the Exploder intake you mentioned earlier....?

And which of my kidneys do you prefer? lmao

Sometime after the first of the year I'm gonna get real serious about some engine upgrades..namely in the H/C/I areas.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #25
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;368626

hahah.. that too! eventually, he's going to run out of intakes to run :giggle:

Reply #26
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;368626

So..uhh, Vinnie...whatcha gonna do with the Exploder intake you mentioned earlier....?

And which of my kidneys do you prefer? lmao

Sometime after the first of the year I'm gonna get real serious about some engine upgrades..namely in the H/C/I areas.

Once I get a lower for the Explorer upper I have, I'll shelve them until I decide to use it or sell it. I really want to polish it,though and do some visual mods to it. Not sure when that'll happen. After the intake swap, it'll be time to start the bodywork with the funds from the Trick Flow piece.

Reply #27
Quote from: Shadow;368629
hahah.. that too! eventually, he's going to run out of intakes to run :giggle:

If I run out of intake choices, I'll just start all over with the Explorer piece and go from there. I wasn't planning on this, but I don't get brand new Cobra intakes with all the new add on pieces every day. Plus, an intake swap isn't really that much work. Takes a little time, but no big deal. One of the Stang guys will probably buy the TF intake and parts for their car, and I'll use some of those funds to give the Sport some extra lovin'.

Reply #28
Quote from: vinnietbird;368579
I've thought about a custom plate, but not sure where I'd have one made or who even does that. I could easily cut the aluminum plate, but having it etched correctly. I have drawings from some time ago with ideas for a Cobra intake plate. I may leave it blank until I seek out info on that. It won't hurt to shelve the new Cobra plate until I decide.

I think I have decided to "Go Cobra"...... Hey, that may be my new catch phrase...."Go Cobra !!!"...I can just hear a little puppiesanese kid saying that.

You could acid etch it. Get a negative vinyl made and apply the acid then rinse off and it can be anything you want. Works for valve covers or intakes. You could put "Vinnie Racing" on it or something.

Reply #29
I have about 8 or 10 ideas drawn up. I'll choose the best one...maybe two, and have the guy at the trophy shop here in town cut me a couple out of plastic (with a brushed metal look to it), and laser the design on to it. I talked to him Friday afternoon about that, and he said it would be no problem. My name will be nowhere on the car. I want a "factory look" about it.