Skip to main content
Topic: Original cars, owners, dospoogeentation (Read 66197 times) previous topic - next topic

Original cars, owners, dospoogeentation

Reply #135
Quote from: rodsterh;417185
I found one in my Fox Mustang. It was in the spare tire well. The areas that had defects were repaired but not very well.  Not exactly Quality is Job 1...  :hick:

How well were your repairs made?  I would think they would give special attention to a mark VII.

I have no idea. My Mark was painted at some point so I couldn't say. I will say who ever repainted the car did a py job.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #136
While looking under the car I remembered seeing this tag on the oil pan. Not sure what it means?
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #137
Also noticed this unusual oil pan gasket.  I'm thinking it was a rectangular gasket on a roll to speed up assembly?
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #138
Quote from: rodsterh;420124
While looking under the car I remembered seeing this tag on the oil pan. Not sure what it means?

I've never seen that tag on a later (86-88) SEFI 5.0. Perhaps it was just for the early build cars. In any case most of them have probably fallen off or are covered in oil by now.

Quote from: rodsterh;420126
Also noticed this unusual oil pan gasket.  I'm thinking it was a rectangular gasket on a roll to speed up assembly?

It looks like a regular corner gasket for a multi piece oil pan gasket with cork ends and rubber side rails. The one piece gaskets don't have that as they are molded rubber.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #139
Quote from: thunderjet302;412348
It's possible that the cars built in Atlanta just had the build sheets stuffed in the trash. I still want to know why the Lorain built cars have the build sheet under the passenger seat. It's kind of a hard place to put the thing.

I have since learned that Ford plants had 'cushion lines' where the seats were made and that is where the build sheets were installed. :D
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #140
I have an all original 85 Tbird so if anyone has originality issues/questions I may be able to help.

Reply #141
Always nice to have a nice original car for reference!
tbirdregistry.com

83 TBird Brochure

Reply #142
After all these years I thought I saw all of the brochures for the 83 TBirds then this one appears. Never saw another one like it. No date on it but the latest quote is from June 83.

Love the quotes! :D

X

X

X
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #143
So I was talking to a guy at the racetrack this weekend, and he was driving an '83 Tbird Heritage. Now, I always thought those were 5.0 TBI/CFI Cars, but he said when he did the engine swap, the one he took out had a carburetor. Could you get a Heritage with a V6? I thought that was the only engine to have a real carburetor on it.

Build date was 04/1983, vin as follows; 1FABP4631DA135457 Body code:63D Interior:DD R:6 Axle: Z TR: TVVJJ  Does any of that help?

The other guy there had an all original 1986 Turbo Coupe. Bone Stock. Says he bought it the year after it came out.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #144
The V6 was the standard engine in the Heritage and it was a 2V carb.  5.0L was an option.  VIN shows the car had the V6.

The bone stock 86 sounds nice!
tbirdregistry.com

Asembly line video

Reply #145
These videos are so cool....  original cars being started for the first time, hood 'adjustment' :hick:, etc.

DISCLAIMER> As I understand, these videos are on a site which will license them but they are not to be uploaded to YouTube or they will be removed. I contacted them about licensing but did not understand the requirements. Perhaps someone here is familiar with licensing?

It takes some time to load after you hit PLAY so be patient.

Raw video of a TBird/Cougar line.....Enjoy! Especially the hood 'adjustment' procedure!

> http://www.globalimageworks.com/clip.php?id=18498
>
> http://www.globalimageworks.com/clip.php?id=18499
>
> http://www.globalimageworks.com/clip.php?id=18500
>
> http://www.globalimageworks.com/clip.php?id=18501
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #146
Very cool to watch.
Since it was from 1985, I was hoping to see a Medium Canyon Red XR-7 coming down the line. :)

Thanks for sharing.
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #147
Quote from: BCA;439614
Very cool to watch.
Since it was from 1985, I was hoping to see a Medium Canyon Red XR-7 coming down the line. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Wouldn't that be cool to see your car coming down the line! :cool:  (Unless it's one that wouldn't start) :eek:
tbirdregistry.com

Marti report

Reply #148
Thought I'd share the Marti reports I just received.

tbirdregistry.com

Reply #149
83 TC

tbirdregistry.com