Skip to main content
Topic: 3g install **go directly to post 50 for drawing (Read 48827 times) previous topic - next topic

3g install **go directly to post 50 for drawing

Reply #60
......another batch of info I find useful............and yes it's another long read! LOL

http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,2679.0.html
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Reply #61
will update original with better looking drawing to include all the good feedback

Reply #62
ok question, I am gong to put a 3g in, but right now motor is out, but I have been doing the wiring getting things ready, I have the yellow wire that has the fuseable links tied into it, I have not uncovered loom to see the black and orange wire talked about in earlier post, do you have to undue those or will hit hurt just connect the yellow wire with ring terminal to the battery side of solenoid?  I was little un clear on that part.

Reply #63
the way you have that worded is confussing me.
if you look at the drawings,, and if your able to save the drawing to a file.. then you can zoom in on the text... and read those embeded instructions..

or press "shift" and then with your mouse wheel you "scroll" in or out.

the drawings show you what you should have before and after,, i owe this thread a better drawing.

ford manual diagram

Reply #64
I don't know if this will help. Along with the previous directions this should make the job easier. I just hope I don't burn my car down! I'll post the 2.3 diagram up too. Just gimme a minute.
home ported E7's, HO intake, 93 Tbird cam, 65mm tb, Shorties, dynomax lers, TC 3.73 rear, Mach 1 springs, Bauman shiftkit, epoxy mod, SD, 3G alt, black magic fan

2.3 wiring diagram

Reply #65
Here's the charge/power distribution diagram for 2.3 turbos. The blurred text on the bottom left hand side is a ground to the engine G212.
home ported E7's, HO intake, 93 Tbird cam, 65mm tb, Shorties, dynomax lers, TC 3.73 rear, Mach 1 springs, Bauman shiftkit, epoxy mod, SD, 3G alt, black magic fan

Reply #66
there are about 4 variations depending on year to the 2.3 on this wiring diagram,, perhaps only 3 but each one offers a different obsticle.. gotta be careful doing the 3G on the 2.3L.

Reply #67
The diagram came out of an 87 specific tbird/cougar service manual. I hope that will narrow it down a little.

Reply #68
i am using the brackets from a 92 mustang, what 3g alt will fit with that bracket set up?

Reply #69
try not to post in this jerry, its a sticky for reference to the original topic.