Skip to main content
Topic: Aerobird Motorsports (Read 2952 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Aerobird Motorsports

Reply #15
i do it too, you just gotta be careful sometimes man, running a buisness, you dont want someone to see a typical mistake, and try to hammer you for it

btw, has anyone set in pics of the trim installed? i asked about it a little while back, said pics coming soon

also, im V6TBird87 over there, the only forum im on with a different name than this one
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #16
So how does the moulding's trim piece come out? Is it glued or just jammed in there? Also, as requested earlier, do you have a larger picture of the color chart? It'd probably be best to use a scanner to get the colors near the actual thing.

The link pointing to a slightly larger picture isn't big/clear enough. I'll be looking for replacements within the next month since I just found the guy I knew last year who parts out numerous birds (has 4 TC's right now) and my bumper cover needs to be replaced
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #17
Quote from: Bird351
I started ripping off the chrome trim in my '88's bumper strip.. now that I know I can get replacement trim. I just wish the site had a list of the other 59 colors that I could find.

how hard is the removal and installation of the chrome trim?

thanks
mike

Reply #18
On the front and back bumpers, it was easy.. just got a screwdriver underneath it and pried up enough to get my fingers on, and pulled. The trim in the door bumper strips won't come off for me, though.. not even using two screwdrivers to pry it up.

Reply #19
sharp knife or alot of time with a hacksaw
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #20
I found that a new blade on the exacto and a can of 3M adhesive remover got it done pretty quick. BTW, the spoilers are are FINALLY in the fiberglass shop, and I posted some pics of the new IC hoses on the site.

Michael