Skip to main content
Topic: Springs,... Who Has What with Pix (Read 27032 times) previous topic - next topic

Springs,... Who Has What with Pix

who has what type of spring and what has it done to your ride? if this post works out well, everyone can use it when they wanna lower their car. BECAUSE THE SEARCH FUNCTION WORKS :D

Re: Springs,... Who Has What with Pix

Reply #1
Here's my '88 Sport with Suspension Techniques springs. I had Koni Rally Sport springs in before and they only lowered the car a 1/2" from stock MAX. These lowered it about 2". Much happier now. Ride is fine, stiffer than stock but not even close to as bad as lowered mustang 5.0s. Cornering is perfect. I highly recommend Suspension Techniques if you can find them. The suspension consists of: front mustang lower control arms, maximum motorsport caster/camber plates, TC 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, stock thunderbird struts/shocks, Sport/TC swaybars.

-Bryan

Reply #2
Ford Racing springs for the 79-2000 Mustang part #m5300c

Reply #3
Mustang Bullitt Springs
Lowered alittle over an inch.(i don't exactly remember) the rear is slightly lower than the front.

2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #4
1988 Turbo Coupe springs up front...dropped the car over an inch, probably more. About 1.5 fingers between the top of the tire and the fender lip.

Out back I'm still running my 10-year-old Moog cargo coils. God bless 'em.

Obviously the car has a rake but that's what I wanted.

Reply #5
DECH Motorport "Race Spec" up front (no longer available) and Suspension Techniques in the rear with Koni "Sport" struts and shocks. I used to have ST's springs all around and the car looked great and rode nice as well. I switched because they weren't firm enough for open lapping days at the local road course.

Reply #6
Ford Racing springs from summit. only $140 for all four. they really improved the handling and the ride is pretty good. or maybe im just used to it, i drive 120 miles everyday to college and then deliver pizza on the weekend. anyway to me the ride is fine.

Reply #7
The Suspension Techniques springs look like they give the perfect ride height. I just let an opportunity to buy a set on E-bay slip by. I'm pissed, I knew I should've grabbed em! :yuck: I think they sold for $150 with only one bidder!

I'm using T-Bird Sport fronts with one coil removed and stock Turbocoupe rears. The front sits fine but I wish the rear sat a little lower.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dogcharmer69
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #8
My 84 XR-7 from a few years back.

Front-

Motor sport C-kits

Rear-

Stock XR-7 or 94-98 Mustang Convertible springs with KB TracKit axle brackets.

That's how my 83 Tbird is set-up currently...but that is changing before too long.

Drop, according to my notes (yes, before and after measurements)...drop about 1 1/2".
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #10
88TCRezurect: what tire size are you running?
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #11
Ford Motorsport 'C' in the front
H&R Sport springs (for the Mustang) in the rear
It's very low with just over 1 finger clearance on each side between fender and the 17x8 wheels.

Koni Red Shocks in the rear (Mustang)  These have very little travel (ie, you jack up the car on one side, the other lifts up with it)  :brick:

Soon to be putting in my Koni Red struts in the front.

Reply #12
Koni coilovers with Hypercoil springs, Series 30 Koni's in the rear, Koni double adjustables in the front. I can set my ride height anywhere I want it. :)

Reply #13
how many arms+legs did THOSE cost john? :p

Reply #14
Quote from: m3th0dm4n

:) That picture sure brings back memories of my first aftermarket wheel/tire combo back in the early to mid 90's. 17 x 8.5 ROH's with 275's all around.